Misplaced

We all know that the kind-hearted huntsman let Snow White run into the forest, away from the evil queen and her bloodlust for the poor princess.

But don't we also know that another doomed damsel, the Sleeping Beauty, was hidden in the forest all her life with the three fairies, in hopes to escape the curse of death?

What if both of them ran into the same forest, and...

Meet?

-

The tranquil slumber of the forest was awoken when rushing footsteps ran on the quiet grass. Drops of sweat and tears found their way to the cold ground, while the girl in her royal gown kept running, and running, and running.

But where?

She knew the enemy was much stronger than her. The Queen had more power. She could do anything to have her… killed.

Catching her breath, her body gave up as she leaned on a lone tree trunk, gasping and crying her heart out.

She was a princess. She deserved much better than this, didn’t she?

She deserved much better than a huntsman she knew very well dragging her to the middle of nowhere, then begging her to run away as far as she could.

She deserved… Freedom.

And happiness.

And true love…

Did they even exist?

Her shivering body collapsed on the ground as the night hovered over the forest, covering it with complete darkness.

-

When she was just a girl, she expected the world

But it flew away from her reach, so she ran away in her sleep…

Dreamed of para- para- paradise, every time she closed her eyes,

Whoa-oh-oh oh…

“Merryweather! Merryweather, look!”

“Hush it, Fauna, are you trying to let Her evil spies track us down?”

“But Merryweather, look over there—“

The princess thought those three different voices were just a part of her dream. She felt like floating on safe haven, a faraway sky bed, but the three undercover fairies were carrying her poor body into their hiding place deeper in the forest.

-

“Don’t crowd her. She’s waking up.”

“Oh, Dear, she’s so pretty, isn’t she?”

“Ssshh…”

“Uh… where am I?” The princess opened her eyes, dumbstruck by three very tiny ladies in their mid-forties looking at her with their big eyes. They had very similar facial features that she was almost sure they were triplets. But one of them, who was the biggest and seemingly oldest, wore a deep pink dress. The middle one wore green, while the tiniest wore blue. The princess rubbed her eyes and found herself lying in a very small yet cozy cottage. “Who are you guys?”

“Aunt Flora? Aunt Fauna? Aunt Merryweather?”

“Briar Rose!” The three aunts spoke in unison. The princess grew more confused as a young girl, just about her age, walked in. She had the prettiest golden blond hair that cascaded down her back like waves, and even in a simple torn dress, she looked beautiful. Wow. The Queen wanted to kill her because a talking mirror said she was the fairest on this land. Had the mirror even known about this girl?