; my wattpad year in review

My Wattpad Year in Review

                  Ah, 2015. What an awful, awful year. I will not look back fondly on it. From Zayn leaving One Direction to discovering most of my hometown is rooting for Donald Trump, I am truly disgusted. I wasn't even going to make a post like this because I couldn't come up with a hefty enough list of good things to come of this year. But then I logged into my laptop to come wish you all a Happy New Year, and that's when it hit me.

                  Wattpad. Wattpad brought me great things in 2015.

                  So instead of making a post about my year in review, which was fifty shades of terrible, I've decided to make a post about my Wattpad Year in Review, where I'll tell you about all the really great things I've experienced because of this beautiful website over the last twelve months. I'm going to be thanking people who deserve it, probably promoting all of my favorite 2015 reads, and reliving all the super exciting bits that you might not have heard about yet! Let's get this show on the road, shall we? A new year is calling, and its voice sounds like Harry's, so I can't wait to leave the last one behind.

The People

· Cassie (@traveller_): Over the summer, Cassie became my first Wattpad/internet friend to come visit me in Wisconsin. We've known each other online for a while, and even recently decided to connect our Wattpad blogs and call them "Sister Blogs" (mine is Etcetera and hers is Ampersand). She is one of very few of my original Wattpad friends that I'm still really close with, so I'm super grateful for that and I can't wait for more years of shenanigans both on and off the internet with her.

· Sam (@samantha): You know her, you love her...it's your favorite Wattpad employee, everybody. I have no idea how it all went down to be honest, but 2015 was the start of an incredible friendship between the two of us, and it's brought me nothing but joy (hopefully her as well, otherwise...awkward). Thanks to Sam, I've had the privilege of not only visiting Wattpad HQ in Toronto (more on that later) but becoming more involved on this website and with writing than I ever was before (more on this as well). Also we squeal about all the same things, so there's that too.

· Alessandra (@alessandra): And on the note of squealing over things and Wattpad employees, this year I've had the pleasure of getting to know another (baby) One Direction/Larry fanatic. She's new to the game, but she's giving most of us veterans a run for our money. We read each other's fanfics (go check out If I Could Fly by her right now immediately for some merman!Harry and harpy!Louis action) and, through/with Sam, bond over the pain and joy brought about by our mutually loved/hated (it's still up in the air) boy band. If you don't know her, you should.

· Jayme Dray (@JeddieJay): While I don't know this appropriately famous Wattpad author personally, he is one of few whose work I'm almost certain has kept me entertained and occupied for the entirety of 2015. Confessions of a Gay Disney Prince is obviously legendary, but I've also read and loved Balloon Boy, Cat Killer, Sons of Freud, The Twisted Lullabies, and more. He's witty and intelligent and I can't believe he posts his work for free, because he could easily make a pretty penny off of that content. But anyway, I'm very thankful that he was active on Wattpad this past year even when it seemed like he was having a tough time himself.

· Ali Novak (@Fallzswimmer): In August, a couple weeks before I had to leave Wisconsin and head back to Indiana for school, I was lucky enough to be able to meet Ali at her book signing for The Heartbreakers in Brookfield. That book has always been my favorite of all her works, and it's so cool to be able to meet someone successful who shares the same hobbies that I have and who is from Wisconsin too. She was so, so sweet. Hopefully we'll bump into each other again someday.