; top five songs for all my faves

Hello...it me.

         Okay, so I've never done this before as the idea to absolutely torture myself never occurred to me, but the day I decided to reread The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller is the same day that this idea came to me. The only thing I can gather from this knowledge is that I must have been in a very self-destructive mood that day.

         Anyway, tonight at work after a nice writing session for Elf Bites, I decided to pick out ten of my favorite artists/bands/groups (I have way more than ten so it's likely something like this will happen again) and figure out what my top five favorite songs of theirs are. And let me tell you: it was no easy task. After thirty minutes of being stumped with One Direction I finally had to go through each of their albums, pick out my favorites, and then narrow it down even further from there. (This is actually what I ended up doing with most of these, RIP my free time.)

         So I hope you enjoy this and I hope it's at least entertaining to watch me justify why certain songs weren't chosen, and rest assured, I still feel bad about the songs that didn't make the top five's. Like, I feel like I've personally offended them. It's not a nice feeling. For example, "What a Feeling" – I'm sorry, my guy. You're a close number six.

         Let's get on with it, then.

ONE DIRECTION

5. "Something Great" from Midnight Memories

4. "They Don't Know About Us" from Take Me Home

3. "Home" from Perfect – EP

2. "Walking in the Wind" from Made In The A.M.

1. "Fool's Gold" from Four

                  No, I did not set out to choose songs from completely different albums. You'll see later that sometimes my favorites are almost all on one album. However, in this case, I had such a hard time and it just so happened that I adore a little bit of everything they've done. "Fool's Gold" has been my number one since its release, but the others definitely jump around a little. This is what they are currently, though. Honorable Mentions: "What a Feeling," "C'mon, C'mon," "Another World," "Stole My Heart," "Wolves."

TAYLOR SWIFT

5. "I'm Only Me When I'm With You" from Taylor Swift

4. "Christmases When You Were Mine" from The Taylor Swift Holiday Collection – EP

3. "Out of the Woods" from 1989

2. "Long Live" from Speak Now

1. "All Too Well" from Red

                  While "All Too Well" and "Long Live" have been my top two favorites for a while, the other three are completely new from the last time I've given this list a thought (no clue when that was). And maybe it's just because of the holiday season that "Christmases When You Were Mine" made the cut, but I adore that song so much, and the other two have always been favorites from their respective albums. My T-Swizzle inclinations change with the seasons, I guess. Honorable Mentions: "Holy Ground," "State of Grace," "Invisible," "SuperStar," "Hey Stephen."

PANIC! AT THE DISCO

5. "Memories" from Vices & Virtues