; summer 2017 mixtape

Hello, I am drinking a root beer right now and enjoying the end of my weekend. How are you all?

          So, I wanted to post this a lot sooner, but I was waiting for the release of a certain single by my parents Louis and BeBe – now that it's finally here, it's time to share with you what I've been listening to this summer. It's obviously by no means everything, but it's a little bit of everything. Lots of good music this year so far. I'm impressed.

         Let's get started, shall we?

01: BACK TO YOU by Louis Tomlinson feat. Bebe Rexha and Digital Farm Animals

                  GUYS WHAT THE FDIHLSIASLHIGLD. It's like...I was expecting this to be amazing, but I was honestly blown away. From the lyrics to the melody to Louis' falsetto I just...I wasn't ready. I've loved Bebe since I learned who she was and how hard she's worked, and I think she was an amazing person for Louis to have feature on his first proper solo track under his own name. The meaning of the song (if you read it the way I do) applies to them both then, and that's fantastic. And after "Digital Love," we all know DFA can drop some wicked tunes. Amazing choice having them as well. God, I just love everything about it.

02: SWEAT by The All-American Rejects

                  When I saw this one under Spotify's newly released music, I kind of listened to it not expecting to necessarily love it as much as I just wanted to see what kind of music AAR was making these days. But the second the chorus hit it was like, hold the phone this is fantastic??? Seriously, such a bop. I listened to nothing else for the rest of the week. And the whispering? Sign me up for more of this.

03: BAD AT LOVE by Halsey

                  You've all already read my reactions/thoughts to her entire new album, hopeless fountain kingdom, so I won't go into too much detail but there was no way I wasn't going to include this one. It's the kind of song that gets better the more you listen to it; there needs to be more music like this in the world. I love her voice in the verses and the chorus makes me hope it'll become a radio single – imagine getting to hear it every time you turn on your top 40 radio station? Please.

04: SLOW HANDS by Niall Horan

                  I haven't actually gotten the chance to include this absolute JAM in any of my mixtapes yet, so here we go. It deserves a spot because again, just keeps getting better. The guitar, the lyrics (even though dirty laundry isn't sexy Neil, it's just not), the choppy music. I hope the rest of his album sounds a lot like this because I'm still impressed. Legend.

05: THE WAY I ARE (DANCE WITH SOMEBODY) by Bebe Rexha feat. Lil' Wayne

                  Like I said, big fan of Bebe. I can't wait for the second half of her LP, but until then I will enjoy the heck out of this song whenever it comes on the radio. What I love the most about her voice is that she can sound super aggressive and strong and then turn around with a cutesy, vampy school-girl voice and she does that in this song. She's so versatile and so cute and so appreciative of everything since she's worked so hard to be recognized for all her contributions to the music scene, and just...I love her. QUEEN.

06: WHY by Sabrina Carpenter

                  This one threw me for a loop at first, I'll be honest. I wanted to love it because I adore Sabrina so much, but when I first heard it I wasn't as impressed as I wanted to be. The verses stood out, but the chorus wasn't anything special to me. To be fair, I'm not a huge fan of the genre she's beginning to lean toward. Still, I wanted to love it, so I listened to it as often as I could, and I actually do love it now. The verses are still my favorite parts, and her voice is consistently adorable, so that helps a lot.