The Hogwarts Letter

Edited by hannahw1032

Two years later . . .

~ Severus Snape, Age 11 ~

I woke up one morning on my cold stone bed and pushed the covers away.

Today was my 11th birthday. I wonder if Lily will get her Hogwarts letter. I thought as I changed and crept downstairs to avoid my father.

"Hello, dear." My mom said looking at me rather nervously. "I made you Cheeri Owls today. Today's a special day."

"Where's dad?" I managed to ask quietly.

"H- he's asleep," Mom said sounding hopeful. "I'm sure you got your letter. In fact, after breakfast you should check the mail."

"Okay." I brightened at the sound of that and swallowed down my Cheeri Owls excitedly.

After breakfast, I put my bowl on the counter and ran to the doorstep where I saw some business letters for dad, an emergency letter for mom and a Hogwarts letter!

I was so excited, I gave a little dance and ran back to my mother.

"LOOK MOM, LOOK!" I shouted shoving the mail in her face and she laughed. "I got the letter!"

"Alright then, this Friday we'll go to Diagon Alley and pick up your supplies." Mom smiled at me.

I smiled, when a thought occurred to me, "Could I meet my new friend there?"

"You have a friend?" Dad shuffled into the kitchen and I felt my face burn up in embarrassment and my  legs turned to ice.

I hid the Hogwarts Letter and handed him in mail.

"Yep, whatever." Dad muttered and shuffled off and I felt relieved.

"Go ahead." Mom began sipping her coffee and looked at me excitedly. "Read it."

"Okay." I said excitedly.

I ripped it open, saw the logo with the words HOGWARTS and DRACO DORMIENS NUNQUAM TITILLANDUS and I read aloud:
To: Mr Severus Snape
       The Small Bedroom
       Spinner's End

Dear Mr Severus Snape,

     We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Students shall be required to report to the Chamber of Reception upon arrival, the dates for which shall by duly advised.

Please ensure that the utmost attention be made to the list of requirements attached herewith.

We very much look forward to receiving you as part of the new generation of Hogwarts' heritage.

Yours sincerely,

          Prof. McGonagall

Professor McGonagall