Chapter Eight: Diving Deep

Whew I finally updated... AND there's something in there you've all been waiting forrrrr :) Read and find out, and please leave your comments below. It's not that great of a chapter.. I might edit it and rewrite it later.

Today was not a good day at all... July 6th, a friend of my (not that close but a friend) passed away from a sudden sezure and the same day my best friend was flying in from a different state and a plane right after hers crashed landed.... My friend is okay but she's extremly shaken up. At the San Fransico airport, a 777 plane's tail broke off and the plane rolled three times, killing two people. Tons of prayers are needed today! 

Okay sorry for making you depressed.. here's the chapter!

*Charlie's POV*

“When is she going to wake up?” An excitable, and almost musical like woman’s voice sharply whispers. Her unique voice gently stirred me awake from a dreamless slumber. I feel a dull throb on the side of my body and I am frozen in pain, lying on an uncomfortable bed. 

With any luck she won’t! That was an extremely stupid thing to do Aurora. As a princess you should...”

The same musical voice interrupts a sexy, deep voiced man who seems to be in a panic. “As a princess I should know when to and not to use my powers, blah blah blah. Shut up, I know! She was dying and was I supposed to just let her? Let her drown with out our magic? NO!”

The man groans but then grows silent, unable to answer the girl’s question. Everything around me remains silent; not one sound can be heard, or at least I don’t hear anything. I wonder who the voices of these people belong to and I feel as if I’m in a dream, struggling to wake up. My body feels light as air although, my legs feel as if they’re weighed down by something heavy and I notice I have no feeling in my toes. The throb in my side is becoming increasingly painful as I start to wake up, my head is fuzzy and I’m lost with many confused questions swirling in my head.

Broken memories flicker to me as I lie motionless on the hard bed. Memories of my dead crew springs tears to my closed eyelids and my heart collapses with grief. I struggle to remain motionless, hoping the strangers will not notice I’m somewhat conscious. I wish for them to leave but I can sense their presence still in the room and their eyes watching me closely. 

Whose room am I in and where the hell am I? I come to a conclusion that I am not in a normal hospital because hospitals don’t treat pirates, but I couldn’t be in my ship’s infirmary. Our ship was on the verge of sinking when I last saw it and Nate... Oh god, Nate! I strain to remember what happened to Nate after the explosion but a wall of pain slams down. I slowly remember a ragged spear embedding itself into my body, effortlessly slicing though my skin like butter; allowing my thick crimson blood to escape. I also recall being jerked into the freezing cold ocean while my beaten up brother’s frantic screams echoed in the night air. 

Among all the chaos on land, while I was floating deeper and deeper into the ocean, I had experienced the worst pain in the world. My legs had burst alive with a red hot fiery pain that had traveled all the way up my spine. The pain felt like a million hot spears stabbing me over and over, relentlessly as my soul refused to leave my body. My arms had also begun to shake with immense agony before being blinded by a burst of golden light. I felt gentle hands wrap around my body and strangely I had seen a glimpse of a large purple fish tail before finally slipping into unconsciousness...

*Prince POV*

My sister and I watch as the new mermaid’s chest rises up and down in a slow, steady rhythm. Even in sleep, she’s unsure how to breathe underwater but her new mermaid body naturally takes over. In time, she will be a powerful mermaid as shown in her unusual scales. As the human transformed the most breath taking golden scales started to form and glistened so brightly through the water, like the sun itself decided to dive into the ocean. Before the human choked on the water, small lines behind her ear, her gills, formed. Which allowed her to screech a sound so terrible, that it still echoes in my mind. My heart stung as I watched, helplessly, her go through that amount of pain. Even my own tail burned with pain when her legs fused together to form her tail.