Chapter Twenty-Two: Forgiven

Charlie's POV (Short chapter)

"So I'm yours huh?" I say to Emmet smugly and he rolls his eyes at me but I can feel through our bond he found it humorous too. 

"Yes, we are now bounded for life..." He replies but with a tense voice. 

I lower my eyes, "You- you don't regret it do you?"

"Oh no no! It's just... agh, my father approved of Radiance and hasn't met you or even heard of you. This will be difficult to explain, expecially in his state of mind" He quickly assures me but I do not feel relieved. My thoughts flicker over to Radiance and I gasp sharply.

"Oh god! Radiance!" I cry out and I feel Emmet tense again but then breaths out a long sigh. 

He turns to look at me with softness in his eyes I have never seen before. "Our feelings were untrue. I have had doubts about our relationship for awhile, and Im positive she did too." When I don't reply he continues. "Do not worry, my mother approves of you already so..." He trails off, unsure how to finish his words but I instantly knew that he still worries over the King of the Ocean's decision. 

He clasps his hand over mine and gives me a reassuring squeeze. The instant our skin touch each others I feel my entire body fill with warmth and love. A sensation that cannot be described because there are no words that are capiable of explaning the wonderful sensation! Emmet smiles his rare smile and tells me that is what mates feel every single time when they touch. I let out a sigh and close my eyes, allowing myself to melt from his touch. 

But all too soon, Emmet pulls away and regains his strict composure. I mentally tell myself to make sure to break away that wall he puts up all the time. "You'll try, and fail my dear one". I gasp and scowl at Emmet, Stay out of my head! But I break out into a giggling smile and the corners of Emmet's mouth twitch ever so slightly. 

I cross my arms and raise my eyebrow at him. "Might not be so hard as I thought," I say smugly and Emmet rolls his eyes with a scoff. I laugh out again.

"Come," he says gently, holding out his hand for me, "we must go find them." 

I nod my head slowly, biting my lip nervously. I take his hand and he gives me a small squeeze before leading, almost pulling me, out of the room. We head towards the Queen's personal healing rooms and I try hard to ignore the passing servants' stares. I feel my cheeks grow flaming red when I over hear a young mermaid gasp and points at us, totally disregarding the whole rudeness factor. Emmet too is tense from the whispers and I briefly hear his worrisome thoughts about the whispers reaching his father before shutting me out. 

I purposely pout and Emmet just laughs at me, telling me to "deal with it". I punch him lightly against his arm in protest and he fakes a hurt look. 

"You just assulted a Royal! You'll pay for that..." Emmet playfully growls, mischif glowing in his eyes. 

He snatches me by my shoulders and pushes me up against a smooth part of the wall. Using his tail he forcefully holds mine in place while using his fins to tickle my own fins. I burst out in laugher, unable to break free from his grasp. With wide eyes I gasp for him to stop but he only tickles me harder. 

"Say you're sorry! Do it!" He adds, "With a bow!" 

"Never!" I gasp out again but then unable to handle it any futher I finally give in. "Okay! Just stooop!" 

Finally he pulls back his tail and gently places his lips over mine. I feel him smile against me as I push deeper into the kiss. I trail my tounge over his bottom lip begging to be let in and he greedily lets me. I trail my hands up and down his back, admiring through my fingers his strong back muscles. I shutter when our tounges touch and a small moan escapes. I pull back, shocked and embarssed at myself.

I turn my head to look away but he grabs my chin and pulls it back to face him again. He presses his forehead up against mine and closes his eyes. "Don't run away.. I cannot bear it." He breaths.

A short, high pitched squeel jerks us both out of our trance and face a very happy Aurora. "I totally knew it!" She says with a grin, giving Emmet a wink who just groans. 

Behind her, Radiance slowly emerges and I bite my lip, fearful of her. She seemed to notice and quickly sends me a small smile. "Before you say anything, no. I'm not mad. Relieved almost. I did not have the strong feels towards our Prince like I knew you had... Charlie." 

"I... uhm- you're... okay." I studder out. Completely stunned by her reaction and so is Emmet.

Emmet moves forward and pulls Radiance into a warm hug. "You are my dearest friend still. Always." 

"I know. Just friends." Radiance adds with light humor in her voice. 

"Radiance... I- I don't know what to say. Except I'm so sorry... I tried to keep the secret but I just... I jus-" 

Radiance holds up a hand stopping me from my pathetic apology. "No no... it's okay. It's just a lot to take in... prophcey and all." She says in a small voice.

"She's very weak... that shocked her and she had a strong outburst of magic come out of her. She needs rest." Aurora tells me privately and then I notice Radiance's eyes are heavy and purple. Her tail has turned into a dull orange, not like her normal sunshine orange. Large bags rim her dimmed green eyes and I offer her a hand. 

She looks at me with a questioning look and I muster up a brave smile. "Come on... you look tired. Lets get you to bed." 

Radiance says nothing but nods her head weakly. "I'll take her, catch up with you later..." I quickly send a private message to both Emmet and Aurora who both give me surprised looks. 

I turn away from them both and slowly lead Radiance to her chambers for her to rest. She leans on my heavily and I wonder about her "outburst" of magic. Fear creeps into my heart, wondering what the prochey meant about one will give up her life. At the cost of Song's death... does that mean Radiance is the Light then?

Finally we reach her bed and I gently place her down and cover her with an incrediably soft seaweed blanket. Radiance instantly falls asleep and I look upon her in wonder. The moment became clear to me. Everything became clear, my future as well. At that moment I finally understood that I wasn't Light.

That I was the one to give my life for the sake of the ocean. I just hope it will be painless.

Aw, I enjoyed this. I wanted to make sure Radiance isn't evil. SHES NOT GOING TO BE EVIL. I know it seemed like it but she was just confused and scared. Wouldn't you be? ;)

I have a whole new plot coming up thanks to a very special reader! 

Finished on Christmas day! Just for you all! D'aww aren't I sweet?

Now, I'm asking ALL of you to please comment your thoughts about radiance not being evil but I assure you the evilness shall appear soon! *cue evil laugh and music background*