Random Facts Found Online

~~~Between 1942 and 1944, Academy Awards were made of plaster.

~~~John Madden is an accomplished ballroom dancer.

~~~One out of three employees who received a promotion use a coffee mug with the company logo on it.

~~~About a third of all Americans flush the toilet while they're still sitting on it.

~~~According to Genesis 1:20-22 the chicken came before the egg.

~~~Soldiers from every country salute with their right hand.

~~~The microwave oven was invented by mistake when an engineer testing a magnetron tube noticed that the radiation from it melted the chocolate bar he had in his pocket.

~~~Moisture, not air, causes super glue to dry.

~~~Only 14% of Americans say they've skinny dipped with the opposite sex.

~~~"60 Minutes" on CBS is the only TV show to not have a theme song or music.

~~~Half of all Americans live within 50 miles of their birthplace.

~~~Most boat owners name their boats. The most popular boat name requested is Obsession.

~~~100% of all lottery winners gain weight.

~~~An average American will spend an average of 6 months during his lifetime waiting at red lights.

~~~The Olympic flag's colors are always red, black, blue, green and yellow rings on a field of white. This is because at least one of those colors appears on the flag of every nation on the planet.

~~~Cats can hear ultrasound.

~~~In a recent survey, Americans revealed that banana was their favorite smell.

~~~In all three Godfather films, when you see oranges, there is a death (or a very close call) coming up soon.

~~~If you were to spell out numbers, you would you have to go until 1,000 until you would find the letter "A".

~~~23% of employees say they have had sex in the office.

~~~Bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers were all invented by women.

~~~Married men change their underwear twice as often as single men.

~~~There are more collect calls on Father's Day than any other day of the year.

~~~Mel Blanc (voice of Bugs Bunny) was allergic to carrots.

~~~40% of all people who come to a party in your home snoop in your medicine cabinet.

~~~3.9% of all women surveyed say they never wear underwear.

~~~Superman is featured on every episode of "Seinfeld", either by name or pictures on Jerry's refrigerator.

~~~85% of the men who cheat on their wives die while having sex.

~~~Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than for the US Treasury.

~~~American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served first class.

~~~Percentage of Africa that is wilderness: 28

~~~Percentage of North America that is wilderness: 38

~~~Percentage of American men who say they would marry the same woman if they had it to do all over again: 80

~~~Percentage of American women who say they would marry the same man: 50

~~~Percentage of men who say they are happier after their divorce or separation: 58