Chapter 14

It was another night I couldn't sleep, I had to tell Devin. "Devin.." I say. "Yeahhh"he says laying up. "I'm sorry for what I'm about to tell you"I say. "Hailey is reeds baby" I say. I couldn't believe these words were coming Out of my mouth. "What...you lying" he says crying. "No one night be took me into the guest room and I thought it was you, but I woke up and it was him. So the next I had you have sex with me at that party. I did it because I wanted you not reed" I say quickly scared of what he'll say. "River.... I don't want to hear this ok" he says. "Maybe she is mine we had sex before than" he says trying to figure something out. "Let's take a test tomorrow" Devin suggest. "Ok" I say. I can't believe how ok he is with this. the next morning we wake up and he rushed all us to get ready. I'm throwing my hair in a pony tail when he brings Hailey in our room already dressed. "It's a shame you are such a good dad too" I say starting to cry. "Shhh it will be ok" he says unsure. We rush to the doctors to get tested. They call us back and swab Devin and Haileys cheeks for saliva. About 30 minutes later they come back. We have the results......Devin your not the father. He starts to cry. He simply picks up Hailey and walks out. I follow after them wiping tears out of my eyes. Devin loses it in the car. "How could you! You made he take care of you both , I gave up on everything!" He crys. We drive home. "What do I do now?" Devin asks. "I didn't think you would stay" I say looking down. " I was so in love with you, I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you, ever since I ever met you back in high school. You know I remember meeting you at that party you were wearing black heigh waisted shorts and guns and roses t shirt. Even though you don't listen to them." He says while smiling. "Your nails were painted dark red because that was your favorite color"" you wore your black and white converse like you did with everything, and I asked you to dance. And I went back to your house and we just slept. Every night we went to a different party and I came home with you and learned things about you know one knows. You got me to open up to you, I fell in love with you, I never wanted to fall I was scared. But I did for you. I liked sex, drugs, drinking, it was addicting. But you were more addicting then they were, so I chose you." He says while bawling his eyes outs. "Devin I'm in love with you that's why I made him leave, I could have left you for him, but he was worth losing for you." I say crying with him. He gets down on one knee. "Marry me one day , I'll get a ring and make you mine and have tons and tons of baby's with you. Because your the only thing that changed me. I need you" Devin says.  "Yes! Yes Devin!" I yell and jump into his arms. Months later..... I'm walking down this long white isle, to meet the love of my life at the end of it. "We're gathered here today to bring these two heart together" "say your vows" the minister says. "I promise to love you today and tomorrow just as much as I loved you at that party, I promise to not give up on you and leave you like everyone else" Devin says as he's a crying mess. " I promise to love you each day like I did the first day, I promise to always be here and stay with you, because your my other half. And I'll never stop loving you" I say. We kiss and walk back down the isle , Devin holding our baby. We dropped Hailey off at at Devins parents for our honey moon weekend get away. "No more babies" Devins mom calls. As we leave. We decided to go to Vegas. When we got there we went to party's and gambled, we got drunk like old times. We got back to our hotel. And it was like old times. We just fuck. And fuck some more because we can. He takes my breath away a little more each day. Everything we been through and he's still my best friend. We're not all lucky in this world to be falling in love and marrying our best friend. But I did. Sometimes I miss the old us. But i know God has a plan and this is going to work. And I hope one day Hailey realizes how much we love her. And that this is best for her.