Chapter Eight: A loss and A win

DISCLAIMER: If I had three wishes, the first would be that I was J. K Rowling.

Doesn't that give you a wee clue?

Chapter Eight: A loss and A win

Scorpius POV

"Oh, Scorpy! You are so funny!" Isabella giggled, smacking me playfully on the arm. "Jesus, Rogers, have some bacon with that ketchup."

"My name is Clarabelle," Clara muttered, giving Isabella a pulling a face at her behind her back.

Isabella ignored her. "I can't wait for the Quidditch final you guys! I'll be cheering for you, Scorpius," she giggled in my ear, giving me chills down my spine.

Blake coughed, smirking. "Well, nice to see we've established that, eh Nadine?" he joked.

Nadine sniggered. "Established what exactly? That their kids are going to be absolutely gorgeous?"

"Oh har har," I scowled, getting up before Isabella could say anything. "I'm going to the library, where everyone will leave me alone."

"Bye Scorpy," Clarabelle, Blake and Nadine sang in unison, while Isabella just frowned.

I left the hall, humming to myself. Suddenly, I turned around and headed up the stairs, heading for the Astronomy Tower. I felt like being alone for a while.

As I quietly opened the door to the Astronomy Tower, it looked like someone had the same idea.

"Weasley?"

Rose POV

I sniffed, wiping my eyes on my shirt sleeve. "Five points to Slytherin," I said sarcastically.

He sat down beside me. "Doesn't this feel like a deja vu, huh?"

I laughed quietly. "I guess. Going to tell me that freckles and blotchiness don't work out, Malfoy?"

"Damn," he snapped his fingers jokingly.

I sighed. Malfoy turned his head and gave me a sideways glance. "The world got you down?" he asked.

"You could say that."

"Going to tell me why?"

"It's complicated."

"I'm pretty smart," he pointed out.

"Yeah, but who won the Transfiguration bet?" I grinned.

He gave me a funny look, one between amusement and pity. "Good point."

"It's... stupid, honestly," I said, twiddling my thumbs.

Malfoy crossed his legs and turned to face me. "I'm also pretty stupid," he joked.

I laughed again, wiping my nose on my other sleeve. "Well... I er.."

"Jesus Weasley, just bloody tell me-"

"AllmyfriendshavekissedaguyandIhaven't," I said quickly, a fat tear rolling down my cheek. It was true. Clarabelle had kissed some random French boy when she was on holiday, Abby had kissed Lorcan Scamander on a dare and Karen had been kissed by a guy from Hufflepuff and wouldn't tell us who. I mean, even Al had kissed somebody (It had been an accident, he had tripped over his own feet and landed lips first onto Cara Darrel, one of the prettiest girls in out year).

Malfoy's mouth popped open and he burst out laughing. I stood up angrily and began to storm away when he grabbed my wrist. "Sorry," he said, trying to hide his smile, "I just wasn't expecting that."

I huffed and crossed my arms. "Well, what were you expecting

"I'm... not really sure," he admitted, scratching the back of his head. "But certainly not that."