fourteen.

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed. I sat up and rubbed my tired eyes.

Getting out of bed, I scanned the room in confusion noticing Harry was gone.

I suddenly became panicked, and checked the bathroom but he wasn't there.

I took deep breaths and tried to calm myself down, thinking he couldn't have gotten far.

My keys were still on the bedside table so he hadn't taken the car, thankfully.

But my wallet had been next to my keys, which is now gone.

"Shit." I mutter to myself, as I grab the room key and make my way out the door.

I walk down the halls of the motel clenching my fists. I know it's not Harry's fault he acts the way he does, but I can no longer keep my cool. He frustrates me and scares me to the point where I have no idea how to treat him. He behaves like a child, so I treat him like a child but clearly it's not working and he doesn't want to cooperate with me. I didn't sign up for this. I didn't ask to babysit a 20 year old grown man who kidnapped me and stabbed me in my thigh.

While walking, I peer down the hall and spot a figure headed towards the other direction.

I catch up and recognize him to be Harry.

I make my way towards the boy and grab his arm.

He startles and turns around.

"Harry! What are you doing out here?" I slightly raise my voice.

That makes him cower a bit and stare down at his feet.

"I j-just wanted a snack from the vending machine."

I take notice of my wallet in his right hand and a chocolate bar in his left.

I shut my eyes and sigh.

"Why didn't you wait for me to wake up?"

"'Cause I couldn't wait and I didn't wanna wake you. You look so pretty when you sleep." He has a small smile and sparkling eyes.

"You can't just take my wallet. That's my money, you're basically stealing." I say with a strict tone.

His smile falters and he weakly replies, "Sorry."

I shake my head and stick out my hand, waiting for him to return the wallet.

He hands it over with a pout and we head back to our room.