The Boy That Made Me Sane

Chapter 1

Hello, my name is Ann. I'm the usual 14 year old shy, quiet, artistic girl that everyone refers to as "emo."

    It was Friday, fifth period at school, my study hall. As usual, I was sitting in the back of the classroom, listening to America by MIW, and workng on my latest drawing of a scull surrounded by flames that has taken me almost a whole month. I looked up ever so slightly from my sketchpad, and saw a boy about 15 years old 5' 9" black edgy hair looking at my drawing. He seemed so interested in my work, and had the most amazing smile I have ever seen. I couldn't help but to stare at him, but when he looked up at me I started to blush my head off. Thank god the bell rang, so I packed my things, and ran out of the classroom. I was dashing through the hallways till I found myself far from him,so I started walking normally. Unfortunatey I was so busy looking down, that I ran into the people I wish I would never have to see....James, and Stan. "Well look what we have here." Said James "Oh yea, the little emo chick."Said Stan. I tried to get through them, but they took my sketchbook and tore all my drawings. As I turned back, I see the pieces of paper fall as if a piece of me is ruined, All I do is collapse on the floor and cry while people stand, and laugh at me.

     Lunch finally came around. I didn't get anything to eat...I was too depressed to do anything besides look at the pieces of paper I had left of my drawings. Suddelny I heard a voice....somewhat deep. I looked up and saw the boy from my study hall. I stopped, blushed, and looked down."I saw what happened." He said as I slowly looked up at him. "Oh..you did?" I said as my eyes watered. He sat next to me so calmly, trying not to upset me."Yes I did, no one should have that happen to them." He said turning my head towards him, so I look at him. "Thanks ummmmm" "Shane" he said stopping me in my tracks."Oh I'm Ann...pleasure to meet you" I say quickly pulling down my sleeves so he doesn't notice my cuts."It's ok" he said showing me his cuts. From that moment, I felt something...trust, or was it love, I didnt't know. The only thing I have ever loved was my razor......