Chapter 3

It was now Saturday at 5:30am, when I heard fighting...again. I tried to ignore it while I got up, showered, and dressed. I'm finally dressed when I hear "YOU STUPID WHORE!!!" my foster parents were fighting again, but this time there was a crash. I try to get down the stairs when I see my foster mom on the floor bleeding out everywhere, dead. I was in complete shock, it never went this far before. I felt fear rush through my body as I tried to look away and go upstairs. "AND WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING ANN!?!??!" my foster dad as he pushed me to the ground. "YOU'RE JUST AS MUCH OF A WHORE AS SHE IS.....LOOK AT HER ANN!" I was too scared to look at her dead, and helpless on the floor."I SAID LOOK AT HER!!!" he said with his voice getting louder and louder. I slowly lifted my head to look at her, when he pulled me by my black hair to make me look a her. "You see that Ann?" he said gripping my hair harder than before, as he moved down to my ear and said "That will be you Ann, if you don't behave." I loked down as he let go of my hair, thinking it was over. Silence came across the room, you could hear a pin drop, that was until he hit me across the face, and started kicking me while calling me an ugly emo freak. I was hurting from the inside out while I tried to get back up to my feet, as weak as I was, I only found myself being kicked back down. He threw a shovel at me,"OW!" I screamed while blood from my cheek drips on the floor. He looked at me, his eyes piercing my abandoned soul."Go get rid of her body" he said standing over me. I froze trying to see if he was serious. "Get rid of the body Ann!" he said in a more powerful tone. I slowly stood up to grab the shovel and wiped the blood off of my face and nodded. "You're the best foster child we've had Ann...the others didn't last a day," I looked at him, and with all the energy I had left, I hit him with the shovel until he passed out.

       I moved as fast as I could to get up the stairs to put my shoes on. I grabbed my iphone, headphones, and my bag with pre-packed clothes. I could hear him starting to wake up, so I climbed down my window, and ran. I ran three blocks before resting, and called Shane. There was no answer, so I hung up. "I knew it was too good to be true" I said as I continued down the street, I heard a familiar voice say my name. I turned around, still bruised from head to toe, and saw that it was Shane.