Chapter 10

I couldn't believe my eyes. My foster dad, less than ten feet away from me. I quickly reacted, and ran into the ice cream store slamming into Shane knocking over our ice cream.  "Oh my gosh, Ann what's wrong, are you ok?" Shane said checking if I was ok. "Shane we have to go....now!" I said in a panic tone. Shane just nodded his head and he and I quickly slipped out the back and got away. Those are the words I wish I could say, but then that wouldn't be the truth...After me knocking down our ice cream, I turned around, and he was right...In front of me. I froze in fear and stared into his black eyes. "Well, well, well Ann, Fancy meeting you here" he said making me shiver. "Hello...." I said looking down at my feet and holding onto Shane. "Ann...who is he?" Shane said sounding very concerned. "Yes Ann..where are your manners" my foster dad said. I could just tell this wasn't going to end well.
      I took a deep breath. "Shane this is my foster dad....dad this is..." He cut me off "Sooooo Shane having fun banging the slut huh...even though you could've done so much better" He said with a grin as I held back tears. Shane's fists clenched and knocked his lights out. I've never seen him this furious in my life. "Never....call my girl a slut dick head" Shane said as he started to look at me to see if I was ok, but I had already left the building. I ran and ran until I found a nice lake to sit by and look out at. I started to lay down but stopped when I felt feet at my head. "You really need to find better hiding spots" Shane said as he sat down resting my head on his lap. "Wanna talk about it love?" Shane said with a sparkle in his eyes. I just simply shook my head and looked away. It was too much to talk about.
      "You know Ann, if you won't tell me I'll throw you in the lake" Shane said looking down at me. "Shane...honest to God, if you do I will never forgive you" I said staring at him. "Eh yes you will" Shane said, and in a flash, and a splash I was in the lake and very cold. "S-s-s-shaannneee!!! " I said shivering. "Yes my soaking wet beauty" Shane said holding out his hand to help me. "Gotcha" I said as I pulled him in with me. We splashed and laughed..that is until the police officer came and yelled at us. I must admit we got in a lot of trouble, but hey at least we got in trouble together.