Chapter 11

It's been a while since Shane and I had our little "swimming incident", and honestly things have been going well. The school year has gotten so much better knowing that I'll always have Shane by my side and nothing could tear us apart. Shane, and I were taking a walk in the park after school. We found the most beautiful shaded area under our favorite tree and cuddled to our hearts content. "Shane" I said as I looked up at him. "Yes Ann?" Shane said as he looked down at me and kissed my forehead. I curled up closer to him taking it all in. "Why did you chose me? Out of everyone else why me?" I said hiding my insecurity. "Well Ann you said it, you're you. No one can be you, you're so sweet, and understanding. You accept me for who I am, and don't try to change me. I love you Ann." Shane said as a tear of love shed down my face. Shane wiped it away as he placed a warm gentle kiss upon my cheek. "Don't cry, love" he said looking deep into my eyes. I didn't know what to say, I mean how can you know what to say. Imagine being in my shoes for just a second...a girl who can't even look at herself in the mirror is being told that someone loves me. Not only that... But they don't see me like everyone else does. If anything I'm not worthy of him, and he's making me sound like his savior. I couldn't do anything but rest my head upon his chest and think of how lucky I am to meet Shane... The one who made me feel alive. The boy who made me sane.