Chapter 7

It was almost two months since Shane and I have been dating. His parents were extremely understanding about what I've been through, and let me live with them in their spare room. I was in my new room watching television, and drawing a picture for Shane. Tomorrow was our two month anniversary, I couldn't be happier. I was almost done with my drawing for him, when a news report came on saying that a 13 year old named Eva, and her mom had died from a car crash. Everything at that moment stopped. I drew a complete blank, I couldn't believe what I had just heard. I needed to get out, and get some fresh air. I turned off the television and went to Shane's room which was upstairs. I was speed walking as fast as I could to get there. I knocked on his door "come on in" Shane said. I opened the door a little "ummm Shane, I have to go for a while ok....I'll see you later" I said quickly as I closed the door, ran down the stairs, and out the house.

    I walked down the street trying to get my mind off of things. "I can't believe Eva is dead" I said to myself walking a little faster. "Ann slow down!" I turned around and saw Shane running trying to catch up with me. "Leave me alone Shane" I said trying to walk faster than I already was. "Ann!' Shane said running in front of me, putting his hands on my shoulders. "What!?" I said looking at him with pain in my eyes. "What's wrong, you didn't tell my why you were leaving, and you seemed so upset" Shane said pulling me close, and hugging me. "How about we get some ice cream first, and I will tell you after ok?" I said while hugging him. Shane just nodded "ok..anything for you" Shane said cupping my face in his hands. Shane just looked at me, and kissed me softly. "I love you, and I care about you so much....you know that right?" Shane said rubbing my cheek with his hand. I nodded and hugged him again "I love you too, so much" I said as tears fell down my face. "Shhh there's no need to cry, love" Shane said wiping my tears away. "Now let's get you some ice cream" Shane said with a smile.

       Shane and I went to the ice cream place, and went to the back of the building, and climbed to the top. It was our little spot that had a great view over the street, and it was a perfect spot for watching the sun set. Shane, and I sat there until we finished our ice cream. I curled up to Shane, and rested my head on his chest. I always felt so safe this way, like nothing, or anyone can tear me down. "So Ann" Shane said looking down at me and petting my head. I looked up at him "yes?" I said re-curling myself closer to him. "What was it you were going to tell me?" Shane said as my eyes widened. "What? You didn't think I would forget that easily, did you?" Shane said with a little laugh. I sighed and looked down, then looked back up at him. "You know the news report about Eva, and her mom dying in the car crash?" I said as my eyes started to water. "Yea, what about it, I know it's sad, but I never thought you would take it this hard. It's not like you knew her Ann, don't worry" Shane said holding me closer. "No Shane, I do know her" I said looking up at him as my tears fall. "What? I'm sorry. How do you know her though?" Shane said wiping my tears once more. "Eva....was my sister" I said as silence took over, and none of us could speak....