Chapter 9

I dozed off in Shane's arms for a bit, but I opened my eyes to see Shane gone and blood drops exiting the room. I slowly stood up, and shakily followed the trail, and saw Shane dead on the floor. "No!!!" I said as I ran to his dead body and collapsed next to him. "Shane....please don't leave me" I said crying my eyes out. Suddenly I hear Shane's voice calling my name, and feel a hand on my shoulder. "Ann wake up...wake up!!!!" My eyes shot wide open, it was Shane...holding me in his arms. "Shane?" I said with a sigh of relief. "You were having a crazy nightmare, are you ok now Ann?" Shane said pulling me closer to him. "N-no I'm not ok Shane....I just saw you die" I said crying harder than a  new born baby. "Shhhh I'm ok, and alive Ann....don't cry" Shane said while wiping my tears away with the sleeve of his hoodie.  I looked into his eyes, and slowly nodded my head "o-ok" I said holding back my tears with all my might while Shane kissed my forehead. "I will never leave you Ann...I promise" Shane said with love in his eyes. I smiled at him and curled up in his arms, "I will never leave you either" I said as the fear inside me from my nightmare went away.

       Later that night, Shane and I went to go get some ice cream. "You know...if we keep getting ice cream we are gonna get fat" I said as I stuck my tongue out at him playfully. "Well at least we will be fat together" Shane said as he poked my side making me laugh. "Now you wait right here beautiful while I get your ice cream" Shane said pulling a chair out for me to sit. "Okay then" I said as I giggled and sat down while Shane went to get the ice cream. I sat listening to Pierce The Veil, while singing along quietly. I was feeling so calm, and loved for once in my life. For once the past...the hurt....the regret didn't matter anymore. I was me, and was proud of what I was. 

    After the first seven minutes, all of that emotion went away as fear took over my body...because   out of the corner of my eye, I see the worst man that has ever lived. David....better known as my foster dad.....