The Escape

As I sit there, in the icy cold depths of space, I try to recall what happened back on Yavin. I set the trap. It didn't work. I got arrested. Then I escaped. Here I am now, in the middle of space. "R3," I command," set a course for Tarus. We ‘re going home." He beeps happily in response. Crash! Boom! -Beep-Beep-Beep- Oh no! They must have followed me! Their laser bolts had a direct hit on my ship. "We've been followed! The hyper drive’s down!" The ship is spinning out of control. R-3 is beeping like crazy. “Shut up R-3!” I finally regain control of the ship. “You want to fight? Let's fight!" I say to in the comlink to my oncoming enemies. I launch a missile at the first ship. It immediately goes down. It's not over yet! “Incoming missiles!" I say. My left wing is on fire, hyper drive damaged, and two missiles are headed straight for my ship. This is not going to end well.

"Use the Force Atarah!"

"Dad? Dad!" What the heck was that? That sounded exactly like my dad. It's probably just my head. The laser bolts hit my ship again. I am like a sitting duck. I don't know what to do. But with some instinct I tug on the steering handles, sending the ship forward but spinning really fast. "Wooooow..." Crash! I'm afraid to open to my eyes but I open them anyway. According to the targeting monitor it appears that both missiles are gone. And my eye balls are not getting sucked out of my brain. The missiles must have spun into each other! "Well that's a plus!" At that moment I flip over my ship just behind the enemy's. “Time for breakfast!" I release my missiles and shoot at the ship. Boom! It explodes. "Hooray! Yippee!" I shout in amazement. “You okay back there?" R-3 beeps back grudgingly. “Alright. Now let’s try to fix the hyper drive before more troopers arrive." Minutes pass away. After several disappointing tries, it is finally repaired. “Prepare for hyperspace jump." Whoosh! I sigh a heavy sigh of relief as I head for my home planet.