Home and a Revelation?

Home! It's exactly how I remember it. Lush green forests, humming sounds of creatures in the unknown. Just as I remembered! Although I do suspect that the village may be more developed technology wise, thinking that this is were most of the banished Jedi came. R-3 beeps questionably. "I'm just going to have a look around. Stay with the ship. I'll be back in at least three hours. If not I'll be on my holo-communicator." A holo- communicator is a device which allows you to communicate with others through holograms. As I look around the forest like landscape, I decide to head north. I don't know my way around, but I wish to move to the main square of the village, if there is still a village. I also have my ion blaster with in case anyone wants to get into trouble. As I walk across my home planet, the memories of my old life here come back to me. Before I lived on Yavin, I lived with my dad here on Tarus. My mom flew to Yavin because she heard of the plan to banish all the Jedi. She led peaceful speeches trying to convince people to support the Jedi. But the ignorant slime Ran Clargin thought of the Jedi as a sign of rebellion and a sign of Luke. My father was killed by a bounty hunter. He stole a couple of "treasures" to meagerly stay alive. But the law and the victim’s knife finally caught up with him. So I was sent to Yavin to live with my mother. “But then they killed her too." Whoosh! "Who's there?" I whip out my ion blaster. “Show yourself!" I command. There, in the shadows, I see the shaded figure of a stranger appear. When she steps out, she does not say a word. She is a complete stranger, but something is familiar about her. The hazel brown hair, the blue eyes. "Camilla?"

"Atarah?"

It has to be her! How else could she know my name? " The last time I saw you was a millennium ago."

" Atarah! It really is you!"

She gives me a big hug. All my wonderful childhood memories come rushing back to me.

" I always knew you would return!"

" I thought would never see you again! Sorry for being so late. How has Tarus been all these years?"

" Let me take you to the village square, there are some people I want you to meet. I'll explain there."

As my old friend and I walk down the dirt road, we talk about our lives after I left. I tell her about my mother, R-3, and all my rebellious acts. She reminds me of the lifestyle on Tarus. My friend tells me about a hard-core commando squad of banished New Republic soldiers that are determined to kill Ran Clargin. She also tells me about all the Jedi, three in particular. I find this very fascinating, but a question arises in me. " If you had troopers and Jedi, then why didn't you attack Yavin already?"

" Because we were waiting for somebody important. We were waiting for you."

“Why me? If I did anything wrong you have no proof!”

A ghost of a smile appears on her face as she quietly laughs to herself. “Don’t worry, you will learn about that in time.”

What is she talking about? I'll just try to forget about it. Too much time waiting for your best friend to come can give you fantasies.

We arrive in the square. It is a hub of people walking and talking about planet news. Many people are pointing and staring at me.

"Just ignore them," my friend tells me. "This is Thresh, Heavy, and Boggs. They are the commandos I was telling about."

Rapidly, the large and muscular Boggs pulls me close and holds a gun to my head.

"Are you with the slime ball Ran Clargin?" I stick out my all my fingers except for my ring finger, the sign of rebellion. "Pointing fingers don't count it! State your business here on Tarus!"