Saying Goodbye

I think the reason why they make the dead look so good during their funeral is mask the pain that is being felt. In the funeral procession, Camilia looked very peaceful. She is wearing a blue dress, the same color as her eyes, and her curly brown hair looks beautiful. Her hands are folded any her eyes are closed.  There were white and blue flower petals all over her coffin. When they put the grave in the ground, it was a hard moment for me. I had to say goodbye to the person who has been in my life the longest. After the funeral I went to go find Scortch.  After everyone heard what I had done with the Force, people started to get worried. Apparently only Sith, people who use the Dark Side of the Force can harness the power of lightning through the Force. I find Scortch sitting by a fire just outside his hut. “Scortch, can I talk to you for a second? People are saying only a Sith can control lightning, but I did. How?”

“Atarah, you are the Chosen One. In every Jedi, there is positive energy, and negative energy. For you, this is taken to a higher degree. When your friend died, your feelings of sorrow turned to anger, channeling your negative energy, thus allowing you to create lightning. If you channeled different emotions, maybe something positive might have happened.”

So it is normal. That’s all I really wanted to and care to find out. I thank Scortch and then head back to my hut, exhausted. But Scortch stops me before I can leave.

“Atarah! You have to remember this. With every life, death. With every sorrow, joy. With every new thing made, a sacrifice must be taken. This you must remember.”

As I return to my hut, I see Bella has already found her bunk and brought her things. She is going to stay with me now to help with the war effort. When I walk in she says,” Sorry about everything,” and gives me a hug. I smile in return. I head outside to turn off the light when Carth comes running up to me.

“I’m sorry Atarah. I know I’m probably the last person you are thinking about but I just wanted to say, I’m there for you. If you need help, advice, or just someone to talk to, I’ll be there for you.”

Wow. It’s nice when you think you are alone and then someone like that comes and makes it all better. We hug for a long time, kiss, and then he leaves. Before he goes I say, “Wait, can you do me a favor? We are going to launch a full-scale counter attack tomorrow. Please spread the word.” He nods in reply, and then I go to get my well- deserved rest.