<Chapter Five>

*Beep beep*
Anna's phone buzzed and lit up, signaling a notification. She groaned and rolled over to the side of the bed where her night stand was and clicked the top button. The light turned off, and Anna sighed, face planting into her pillow.
*beep beep*
The phone buzzed again five minutes later.
"What is it?!?" Anna yelled into her pillow at her phone. Lifting her head from the pillow, she clumsily grabbed her phone and looked at the bright screen. A text message from Amity showed on the screen. Anna slid the phone open and typed her password in, failing several times before she typed it in right and iMessage popped open.
"Hey Anna! Meet me at the cabin! I need to tell you something!" Amity's message read. Five minutes later another message from her read,
"Aaaaaaannnnaaaa????"
"What" Anna typed and sent.
"Meet me in the cabin!!!!"
"Fiiiiine"
"Thank you.😑"
"I'll be there in a few minutes."
"Kk."
Anna flipped back her covers and sat up. Sighing, she got up and dressed in a warm dark green sweater and some worn out jeans. Grabbing a blueberry bagel and an apple, she headed out the door, walking towards the cabin. Anna yawned loudly, trudging through the snow and eating her bagel and apple. When she came into view of the cabin she stopped. Shaking her head to clear it, she closed her eyes, banishing any thoughts from her head, and just listened to the noises. Birds tweeted cheerfully, the wind was blowing gently, and she could even hear her own soft breathing. After several moments she had gotten used to all the sounds enough that she knew she would be able to discern any out of the ordinary sounds.
A soft crunch in the snow made Anna's eyes shoot open. Waiting a few moments first, she whirled around to face where the noise had come from.
Amity was standing there, about to step again.
Amity sighed, "You heard me." She stated resignedly.
Anna nodded, "Now," she chucked her apple core into the woods and wiped her hands absently on her jeans, "why did you drag me out here this early?"
Amity's face brightened, "Well, my family is going on vacation!"
Anna's jaw dropped for a moment before she clamped it shut, "Seriously?"
Amity nodded, "Yup! To Florida."
"Wow." Was all Anna could think to say, "I'll miss you."
Amity smiled, "I'll miss you too!"
"When do you leave?"
"Next week sometime, I think. Mom and Dad had been keeping it a surprise for awhile.  Our whole family is going! Mom, Dad, Ethan, Sadie, and I!" Amity told her.
There was a pause before Anna said, "I hope you have fun!"
"Oh! I almost forgot! Could you take care of Black Lily?" Amity asked. Black Lily was Amity's Arabian horse. She was all black except for a white strip across her face and one white spot on her leg. Anna also had an Arabian horse, but it's name was Erak Starfollower and it was dark brown.
Anna nodded, "Sure. I'll try to take her out for a run as well."
Amity smiled, "I'd appreciate that."

The rest of the week flew by. Amity was busy packing for her trip, and Anna sometimes came over to help. Finally it was the day before the Madsens were leaving. They were leaving early the next morning, so the girls met in the cabin, said their goodbyes, and then headed back inside.

Anna closed her bedroom door behind her. "Ranger's training begins tomorrow." She said aloud to herself. And grinned.

595 words!

So Ranger's Apprentice things will start next chapter! *some of you go "finally"* I know, I know it took awhile. ;)

Well I hope you are enjoying this story! Please please please click the star and comment button. I would, like, really love it.

Random fact; I took this picture!

<<Evara>>