<Chapter Seventeen>

The days slipped away. Anna and Amity met almost every day in the cabin to talk and play games. Around noon one day, Amity texted Anna.

Hey, could you meet me in the cabin?

Sure. Be right there. Anna replied. She grabbed her cloak, strapped on her knives, laced up her boots, and headed out the door, deciding that her knives would be enough. She jogged to the cabin. When she could see it in the distance, Anna went into the woods. She walked quietly through the woods until she had a good view of the cabin, and stopped, standing stock still. Amity was a yard or two from the door, looking around for Anna. Grinning mischievously, Anna backed up into the woods, and circled the cabin until she was looking at the back of it. She stepped out of the woods and crept up to the cabin. She walked quietly by the side of the cabin until she made it to the front. Hardly daring to breath, Anna crept behind Amity to the door. As quietly as she could, she opened the door and walked into the cabin, closing the door behind her. She turned around and froze in shock. On the couch sat John Flanagan.

"Ah, there you are." He smiled, "Sit down." Still shocked, Anna went over and sat down.

On the table were some papers, which John picked up. He cleared his throat noisily and began to read, "Here signed blah blah blah, is shown to be proficient enough in the standard Ranger weapons—bow and knives of course— yata yata ya... Can use the camouflage cloak... Sign here..." he produced a pen and signed the slip of paper, "And of course, you need your silver do-thingy." He took a silver oakleaf necklace out of his pocket and handed it to Anna with a twinkle in his eye, "Welcome, Ranger Anna to the corps."

"Thank you." Anna managed to say. She smiled gratefully at him and slipped the chain over her head.

"Now you should probably go get Amity." John waved a hand towards the door.

Anna stood up and went over to the door. Opening it, she stepped out onto the grass.

"SURPRISE!"

369 words!

I'm feeling super motivated so I'll probably get another chapter out! Which means this book is gonna be finished! 😱

Well, see you next chapter!

<<Evara>>