<Chapter Fifteen>

Anna slept soundly through the night. Partly because she was paranoid, and party because the Rangers did it, she kept a knife under her pillow, her hand wrapped around it securely.

It was around seven o'clock in the morning when she suddenly woke. After a slight catch in her breathing, Anna remembered to keep it even so if anyone was intruding, they would still think she was asleep. Every sense alert, Anna lay there, breathing evenly. She heard the cabin door close, confirming her suspicion that someone was in fact intruding, and she heard soft footsteps coming towards her room. Her heart began to pound inside of chest, and she hoped the person couldn't hear it. The footsteps came closer until Anna guessed the intruder was mere feet away. She knew she had to make her move now. Without any warning, Anna sprung out of her bed, hair flying, and the knife in her hand. She held the knife in a defensive position as she turned to face the intruder.

A shocked Amity stared at her.

"Amity!" Anna placed the knife down on the nightstand and then gave her a big hug, "I didn't think you were gonna be back for awhile!"

"Um, yah. I asked your mom and dad to keep it a secret. I wanted to surprise you." Amity seemed to have recovered somewhat from shock.

"Well, you did! I thought you were an intruder." Anna laughed.

The girls sat on Anna's bed and talked for an hour or so. Anna told Amity about how she had been training with her bow and knives, and Amity told Anna about her vacation.

"Do you wanna go inside? I can get us some breakfast?" Anna offered. Amity grinned, "That would be great!"

The girls walked back to Anna's house, talking the whole way. Erak neighed a greeting from where Anna had put him in his paddock, and Amity waved at him, smiling.

The girls went up to the door, where they had to wait for a few minutes until Anna's mom opened it for them.

"Hi girls!" She greeted them. Anna and Amity removed their boots and made their way over to the kitchen table. They both got Honey Nut Chex and milk, and talked more while they ate. After they finished, Amity stood up and put her bowl in the dishwasher.

"I should probably get back home." She told Anna reluctantly.

Anna walked her to the front door, "So tomorrow meet in the cabin?" She suggested.

Amity nodded definitely, "Absolutely."

Anna grinned, "I have some things I need to show you." Amity raised an eyebrow, "Um, okay. Bye!"

"Bye! See you tomorrow!" Anna called after her, as Amity jogged down the road. They both couldn't wait for the next day.

461 words!

Guys I am so sorry I haven't updated in so long!! I'll try to be more frequent.

Also guys this is chapter FIFTEEN!! Yay!

Thank you all so much for your support. It means a lot to me!

Well, anyway, bye!

<<<Evara>>>

p.s. I took the picture for this chapter!