Chapter 24

The day of the dance concerts arrive and I'm nervous as hell. As I'm getting myself ready for the morning concert, the door bell rings and I groan, "Someone get the door please!" I shout trying to attach a false eyelash to my eyelid properly.

"It's Austin." My brother Charlie says.

"Oh hey there." I say too focused on these eyelashes.

"Hey, how's it going?" He says and sits down on the edge of the bath as I finish up the rest of my make-up and hair.

"Stressful to be honest, I'm so nervous."  I say and turn around to look at him.

"Whoa..."

"Yeah yeah I know I look like a clown, tell me something I don't know." I mumble and put my stuff away.

"No you look beautiful and don't worry because I know you'll do just fine." He smiles.

"Thanks hun, okay lets go." I say and grab my stuff and walking to the car.

We arrive at the venue where the concerts are being held and I notice straight away something I don't like. I get out of the car and stare at the horrible site.

"What's wrong?" Austin asks looking at me worried.

"Hannah and her little peasants are here." I roll my eyes and begin walking with Austin next to me.

I see some of my friends and I smile and hug them. I introduce Austin to them and they all look at me impressed. I hug Austin before walking in to get myself ready.

Once I'm ready I line up side stage waiting to go on for the first dance but all that's running through my mind is why Hannah and all of them are here. I shake it off as the music begins and shortly after I'm on.

A couple of hours later and the first concert is finally over. I go get dressed, and help pack up before walking down the stairs and meeting Austin at the door.

"Hey dancing queen, you were amazing up there." He smiles and hugs me and I hug him back and laugh.

"Thanks baby." I smile up at him. I turn my head to the right and I see Hannah and her three friends standing there, "What are they doing here?" I mumble and give my stuff to Austin.

"What are you doing?" He asks holding my stuff.

"Just stay there and hold my shit." I say walking towards them.

"Um Hannah, look what the cat dragged in." Bella says.

"Well at least we know you can talk Bella, what about you Grace, do you have a voice as well?" I ask rolling my eyes. Grace mocks me but is interrupted by Hannah.

"Well if it isn't the whale, good job dancing out there, thanks to you I couldn't see anyone else dancing on the stage during your dances." I laugh and shake my head.

"What are you doing here?" I ask annoyed.

"I'm here to collect my niece." She smiles and opens her arms as this little girl runs up to her.

"Oh well your niece is a lovely little girl." I smile as she looks up at me.

"Hey Miss Marie." She waves at me and I smile and crouch down.

"Hey Chloe, did you have fun? You were really good."

"Yeah." She smiles and I stand back up.

"I'll see you tonight Chloe," I say and look at Hannah, "she's a beautiful little girl such a shame she's related to you." I whisper and walk off.

I walk up to Austin, take my things and walk to the car, "Come on." I say and Austin follows.

"Why is she here?" He asks as we get in the car.

"Her niece Chloe dances here."

The car trip home is quiet. When I enter my house I get a phone call from Rylie, "Hello?"

"Hey Marie it's me Rylie, I need your help." I put my stuff down and sit on the bed, Austin following.

"With...?"

"I need you to help me find someone."

"Who?"

"I don't know, someone is stalking me and I need you to help me with it."

My eyes widen and I look at Austin, "Um okay how long ago did this start?"

"Since I came  back a month ago."

"Have you told anyone else about this?"

"Yeah I've mentioned it to Mary and Alex and they said to ask you and Austin but I can't get a hold of him."

"Oh he's here with me just give me a sec.." I cover the speaker and tell Austin what's happening.

"Um okay sure if she needs us then why not." He says and I go back to the phone call.

"Yeah we'll help you, tell Mary and Alex and we'll meet, what about Robert and Zach?"

"I've already asked and they said yes."

"Okay." I say and continue talking a little bit more before hanging up. I look at the time and realise that I need to go.

"Shit," I mumble under my breath, "Mum we need to go!!" I shout and touch up my make-up.

"Okay have fun, break a leg." Austin winks and I peck his lips before running out of the house.

The first two segments run smoothly and now its up to the last segment. I stretch more to make sure that I'm ready and then the curtains go up and I'm ready to start. We get through all the dances without anything happening and now it's the last dance. Everyone in the dance school comes on. Half way through the dance I feel a sharp pain in my ankle and I stop but continuing using my arms. I go to jump and I hear a crack and fall to the ground. I slide myself off the stage and sit side stage in pain as everyone continues to dance. When they're finished, two of my friends rush up to me.

"Oh my gosh Marie are you okay?" Maddie asks crouching down next to me.

"I heard a crack and fell to the ground so.." I squeeze my eyes shut as my other friend Courtney runs to get one of the teachers. I sit there and take my shoe off as one of the teachers heads towards me.

"Ok Marie what happened?" Miss Johnson asks.

"Um I went to jump and I heard a crack as I landed and then I fell.." I say and tilt my head back.

"Okay get an icepack quickly." She says and Courtney runs backstage and gets one.

"Okay we're going to try and move you on to the chair okay." Miss Johnson says as she picks up my ankle and Maddie helps.

I try to stand on it and put some pressure on it but hurts too much that I fall down again. Courtney runs back with the icepack and I take it and put it around my ankle.

"Okay just stay here and when the curtains close we'll get you out first." Miss Johnson says as her name gets called for her to receive her flowers for all the hard work she's done.