Chapter 14

"Mum can we go now?" I say looking at the time.

"Yeah one second."She says.

I look at the clock. Crap.

"Mum I was supose to be there 15 minutes ago!" I nearly shout.

"Yeah I'm coming!" She yells back.

After what feels like ages we finally arrive at Austin's house. Then I get a text.

*Babe where are you? Are you still coming?*

*Yeah! And why don't you check outside?* I quickly answer.

Just as mum and I reach the door, the door swings open revealing a very happy boy. His smile is so big it's funny.

"Hey!" I say excitedly.

"Hi!" He says his smile growing. I hug him and just walk in. He didn't seem to mind plus he's my boyfriend not a stranger.

"Marie don't just invite yourself in!" Mum starts.

"Austin is that Marie and Teresa?" His mum yells.

"Yes mum!" He shouts back. " It's fine. Would you like to come in Teresa?" He asks politely.

"Yes please." She says.

"Mum's just in the kitchen." Austin says to mum and she makes her way to the kitchen.

"Oh thank god!" I say."Sorry I was late by the time I got home, had a shower and picked something to wear.." Austin laughs".. and just when I thoughht we we're going to leave and maybe arrive on time, mum took ten years in the bathroom fixing her hair." I say and Austin chuckles.

"It's ok. I knew you had dancing, since I was there when you were getting ready, so I just thought that you would run late a bit." He says.

"Well what can I say." I say and hug him.

"Do you wanna put your stuff in my room?" He asks.

"Yes." I say and follow him to his room.

I put my stuff down and walk back down stairs.

"Hey babe," Austin says, "I was wondering if you wanted to watch a horror movie tonight?" He asks while walking down the stairs. 

"Yeah sure. The question is are you man enought to?" I say teasing him.

"Yes I am man enough thank you." He says standing tall and I laugh.

I could hear mum talking to Michele about something but I didn't bother.

"So what did your mum say in the car?" He asks.

"Oh she just told me how your mum rang her and thanked her for letting you stay for an hour after school and how she wasn't awear of it, and then your mum started talking about 'Your girlfriend' and said 'I'm so happy that Austin and Marie are dating'. So that's how she found out about us and then she gave me the warning about sleeping hear tonight and how I should 'be careful and not do anything stupid', and then she gave me 'The Talk'."

"The Talk ehh?" He says chuckling.

"Yes The Talk did you get it too?" I ask.

"Yeah." He answers. We both start laughing and I roll my eyes at our mums. After our laughing fit Austin walks away to get something and I just stand there and go over my dance I learnt tonight. My part is really fast an I couldn't get it today so I practise it. Just then Austin walks in and starts clapping. I jump when I realise he is standing there but then I smile and continue.

"Can you give it a break for like two seconds?" He asks laughing at how pasionate I am.

"Nope." I say dancing around like a moron.

"Hahah well my little dancing queen," He says as he takes a step towards me,"I haven't gotten my proper hello yet." He says closing the gap between us with his lips. We pull apart and I smile at him.

"Hey Austin," I don't know what I am thinking doing this but he's my boyfriend so I thought it would be nice,"Do you want to come to my dance concert this year?" I ask.  

"Yes please!" He says excitedly.

"Ok. I'll give you the details when it gets closer." I say hugging him.

Just then our mum's come out and we pull apart. They look at eachother and Austin and I look at eachother as well and start to laugh.

"Ok then. Well I'm going, now Marie remeber what we talked about," I nod and blow up my cheeks,"be good ok? If I get a call from Michele that your being stupid," she says looking deep into my eyes," your dead." I roll my eyes and nod and everyone starts laughing.

"She'll be fine." Michele says and leads her out the door. I'm still standing in this position for some reason with my cheeks blown up. Just then Austin pokes my cheek and I let all the air out and continue staring at the door.

"Earth to Marie!" Austin yells and waves his hand in fornt of my face.

"Yes?" I say slowly turning my head to look at him. He starts to laugh.

"Come on!" He pulls my hand and I hesitate for a bit and then decide to move. He practically drags me up the stairs and into his room.