Chapter 18

We finally arrive home from the hospital and the first thing I do is text Austin

'Hey Hun, how are you feeling.?' I press send and put my phone down and look at Mary and smile.

"What?" She asks confused and I shake my head.

"Nothing," I simply say and flop on my bed "I'm exhausted." I sigh and look at her and we laugh at the same time.

"Yeah so am I." She yawns and lays next to me.

"You want order some take away?" I turn and look at her and she nods happily. I get up and order some pizza and come back into the room.

"Who are you texting?" I look at he and she quickly hides her phone and my eyes widen.

"N-no one." She stutters and I smile and snatch her phone.

"Uhh good old Alex hey," I wiggle my eyebrows and she takes the phone off me, "What's going on there missy?" I ask crossing my arms and laughing slightly.

"Nothing we're just friends." She smiles back at me and looks back at her phone.

"Fine I'll ask him then." I say picking up my phone.

"NO!" She shouts and knocks the phone out of my hand and I look at her scared and a bit confused.

"Ok I won't do that.." I say and slowly pick up my phone.

"Fine so I like him and I think he likes me I don't know but who cares..." She says and frowns a little and I raise and eyebrow at her.

"I care stupid," I sigh and put my phone down, "what's going on?" I ask looking at her and she sits up.

"Nothing I just kinda got feelings for him, that's all." She slightly smiles and I smile at her.

"Aww Mary's got a crush on..." Before I can finish she covers my mouth.

"Shut up before your mum hears." She whispers and I laugh.

"Ok ok I won't do it again." I mumble and remove her hand from my mouth.

"Girls Pizza is here!" Mum shouts and we walk down stairs smirking.

"What are you doing?" Mary asks me and I look at her.

"Oh nothing just thinking," I smile, "For now..." I mumble to myself and get some pizza.

Austin's POV

We finally leave the hospital and go back to mine and I notice that Alex is being quiet but he's smiling at his phone and I look at him, "Whatcha doing Alex?" I stare at him and cross my arms a little.

"Oh nothing just texting someone." He says not taking his eyes off the screen of his phone.

I lean over and look at the name "Oh, Mary hey, what's going on AC?" I ask and he shuts his phone off and smiles awkwardly at me and I raise and eyebrow at him "Alex?" I say confused.

"We're just friends, that's it." And I stare at him even more.

"Hey I might have been in hospital all day, but that doesn't mean I can't tell when you are hiding something from me." I say and he sighs.

"Ugh fine I like her, let it go." He says and I smile happily like a little kid.

"You like Mary oh my gawd." I shout and Robert and Zach look at Alex and laugh.

"Whoa dude since when?" They ask in sync.

"Since like a month ago." He mumbles and I hit him in the arm.

"What are you waiting for?"

"The right time might be nice." He sarcastically answers and I laugh.

"I think you've waited long enough." I mumble and read the text from Marie and reply to it.

"Yeah well sorry I'm not you, I'm just going to wait a little longer." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Not if I have anything to do with it." I mumble and get out of the car.

Marie's POV

We finish dinner and I quickly wash up and go back upstairs "Ok well I'm going for a shower." I smile and walk towards the shower.

After my shower, Mary goes in and I text Austin 'I need to tell you something'.

'Me too, ring me' he replies and I do just that.

"Hey gorgeous,"

"Hey ok so Mary and Alex," I blurt out, "They..."

"Like each other? Yeah I know." He says and I laugh softly.

"Well? What are we going to do about it?"

"Get them together tomorrow and then Alex is going to ask her out."

"Sounds simple enough," I say and hear the bathroom door open and Mary walks out, "Mary's coming I've got to go cya tomorrow I love you and get better."

"Ok I love you too beautiful, night."

"Night." I say and hang up as she walks in.

"Who was that?"

"Austin, just making sure he's ok." I smile and she nods.

"Well I'm off to bed, night." She smiles and I turn off the light.

"Night." I smile to myself and close my eyes, thinking about what tomorrow will bring.