13-Leave

That's when I see Katniss, Lover boy's girlfriend. I chuckle silently. I'm such a hypocrite..

Anyway, Katniss is limping, attempting a run but obviously in pain. She's holding her hand to one ear, cupping it, and i'm certain it was her who set off the mines. Didn't she see me avoid them? She doesn't see me, but runs further, and I almost want to run after her, share what's left of my supplies, but she's gone so suddenly, and I'm stood there in the trees, not really knowing what to do.

I decide on a nice thick tree covering in moss, cushioning me alright, but more view than I know what to do with. I feel my eyes drooping and I know I'll be asleep soon, but the last thing I hear is the little four-note tune from the birds, sending me deep to sleep.

**

BANG.

I bolt upright, a cold sweat thick on my forehead, looking around for the explosion. The dawn of realisation comes upon me as I notice how long I've slept. Tickling my fingers across the tree's moss, I notice that it's extremely soft. I abruptly find myself sniffing it. The stench of it intoxicates me, making me dizzy and really light-headed; Then I remember something I learnt when I was younger, the extract of a school workbooks.

Valerian Tree Moss

Valerian Tree Moss is an averagely expensive Moss, often used for putting animals and often humans to sleep. A special type of Moss; Valerian Tree Moss works as a powerful sedative that can put anyone who has breathed in the scent into a deep sleep. The plant started off as an experiment by Capital Scientists who tried to make a powerful sleeping draft using Valerian, a far less powerful sedative that improves sleep levels by little. It is very powerful, and can put the subject into an irreversible sleep if contact is kept for long enough, and is therefore illegal without prescription from a Peacekeeper, Professional healer or the current Capital President himself. It is classed as a Class A drug, along with Morphling and Tracker Jacker hallucinogenic tablets; see pg 12.

I could have died tonight. I distance myself from the turquoise silk-like moss, scrabbling away nervously, and climbing carefully down the tree. Once again I'm on the move, trying to shake off my wariness. I keep looking to the sky for a face to appear, but I don't see one, even though I'm sure what woke me up was no butterfly sneeze.

Day nine has swiftly approached me, and the sight of endless trees is starting to make me seriously agitated. 

**

CLOVE'S P.O.V

Cato's been very edgy lately. I don't think it's because of what happened to Marvel, they weren't friendly or anything. I'm guessing it's that little foxface that is somehow still alive. If I even mention her he snaps his head round to listen all of a sudden, and he doesn't even talk to me anymore. I swear when the supplies blew up he thought she was dead. So did I. But no cannon went off, except the mine boy's one, uh, Ewan or Ian or something. I just want the girl to die already. I want to be the one to do it.

'Clove.' Cato breathes. I turn to him, nodding. 'We need to look for food. I'm so hungry, and you know, Fin-, She, blew up the stuff.' He says, his voice croaking at just the mention of her. How pathetic.

'Fine. I can hunt, if you like.' I ask, genuinely trying to be helpful. Maybe he'll realise I'm the one for him.

'Sure.. I'll bring my sword , you can build a couple of traps!' He smiles.

So we take our remaining stuff, including his sword, three of my knives, some ropes and two apples, and head into the woods. 

**

A baby rabbit, a hare, two lizards and a deer ran into my traps. The deer escaped and I don't know if you can eat the lizards we caught, but after telling Cato to kill them, I found him playing with one anyway, feeding it spiders that he'd found in my tent. I just ended up sitting by him and prodding the second lizard disgustedly, making Cato chuckle.