2-Murderous new friends

The train ride to the Capital is slow and awkward. Effie has gone to finish The Reapings in Districts 6,7,8,9,10,11 and 12. Our mentor is called Larissa. She's very pretty, even at her age. She has golden hair and light eyes. She is trying to help, but she has a nervous stutter and I can hardly understand her. She told me she has two twin boys. They were born just before she was Reaped, and her husband is depressed, like my father. I found out the boy tribute Is called Doran and he doesn't speak much, which helps because I don't feel like talking much either. I know we're supposed to be talking about tactics, but Doran is busy writing a letter to his mother, Larissa is staring out of the train; into the trees that surround the distant Capital up ahead. I can only imagine the first train ride was bad enough, but having to go again..

I long to be on my own. I didn't mind Larissa and Doran but I need silence, and just the sound of Doran's pen scribbling away is enough to make me want to stap it into his temple. At least I'm getting in the spirit of things.. Larissa turned as I take a peice of chicken and turn on the TV before inserting the tape that shows Larissa's Hunger Game. I immediately find out that eating chicken while watchingaxes being thrown into people is NOT a good idea, and It now has a place, untouched, in the bin.

*

I heard Larissa screaming as she napped. I tried to bring it up with earlier, but she assured me it's normal and apologised for being noisy. I don't mean to come across as such a baby, but a part of me hopes I don't win, so I don't have to become what so many Victors have. I ended up watching fourteen different Hunger Games. I've noticed most of them were won by Districts 1, 2 and 4. I presume they're what Larissa called the Careers, but I hope not. They usually seem to form an alliance and kill everyone until it's just them, which serioulsy annoyed me because by the end, the people you formed an alliance with will most probably be your downfall. By then they know your weaknesses, tricks and have the perfect opportunity to stick a knife in your back. Alliances = A No-No.

We only have half an hour left to the Capital. I wish the train would just crash right now and save us the trouble of murder. Another thing I've been thinking about is killing. One boy from District 12 a while back was smart and used the force field to bounce back an axe into someone's head. Another girl ripped out another tribute's throat out with her teeth. Not one single Victor has won without murdering someone else. Now, I'm not very handy with weapons,(unless you count my Father's tazer) but I figure if I just keep out of the way, they'll either forget about me or die looking. Not the best tactic in the world, but I can't see why no-one's tried it before. Murder = A No-No.

Speaking of which, the train is slowing down. Must be time to meet my murderous new friends.

***End Of Chapter 2