Chapter 3: Bad Vibes

Chapter 3

Cassidy

I wake up to the shrilling sound of my alarm clock going off. No way it's seven o'clock already. I groan reaching for the button to turn the alarm off. When it's finally back to the silence that was originally in the room, I put my face to my pillow and scream. I don't want to go to school.

I finally manage to get myself out of bed and in the bathroom. Then I go to my walk in closet. Most of my clothes are already put up since we had the weekend to unpack.

I never have anything to wear.

Luckily, my mom is letting me go shopping today after school. So maybe tomorrow I might have something to wear.

I finally decide to wear a blue shirt and some black jeans with my black vans. When I'm finished getting dressed I hot curl my hair and put it in an up-do. It's my signature look.

I walk down the stairs and open the door to the kitchen and get an apple to eat from off the counter. I rinse it off and take a bite into it. Sweet.

Then I open the door to the dining room to my left to find my mom siting at the table reading something. She always has a new book every week. I sit down at the head of the table closest to her and say, "I see you bought some food last night."

"Yeah," she replies back to me, "I'll buy the rest of everything we need when I get off of work." She pauses then searches in her purse. She pulls out some money and says, "So you can go shopping after school."

I nod and say a quick, "Thanks mom," before getting up and going back through the kitchen.

I throw away the core of the apple and go towards the garage. I get my keys off of the table in the foyer and open the garage door. Once I'm in the car I push the button to start the car and hear the car roar to life. It still has the new car smell. I let out a satisfied breath and start to back up out of the garage.

~~~

I get to my new school and park my car close to the front and get out. I look up and see Langston High School on the top of the building. I take a deep breath and let it all out. I hope everything goes okay today.

I walk inside and go to the office. They give me my papers then I walk to find my locker exchanging books for my first class. No one really notices me. It's okay though. I want to make friends but I don't want to be in the center of attention. Besides it's already November of junior year. Most people should already be in their close groups.

I pull out my schedule and see I have calculus first period.

What a way to start my first day.

I start to walk down the hall, hoping I won't make the cliché move of bumping into some boy. I make it to my classroom and hand the note to my teacher from the office. I take the last seat in the middle row. I'm the only one here so far.

I rest my head on my hand and start tapping my pencil on my desk. The bell finally rings and students slowly start to trickle in. I raise my head off of my hand to see a boy staring in my direction from the front of the room. I drop my head immediately not wanting to stare back but he was kind of hot and tall from what I saw of him.

Really Cassidy? No way he was staring at you.

Then not even a minute later I feel eyes staring into the side of my head. I slowly turn to meet them and it's the same boy that was staring at me from the front of the room. I look from his eyes down to his V-neck shirt to what part of his defined arms are out due to him wearing a hoodie. Yeah, he was hot but he looked like he was a bad boy.