Chapter 12: Mess Ups & Screw Ups

A/N:

Okay, I'm like sooooo sorry that I've been MIA. My mom has gotten really sick and doesn't have much time left. So it's been really difficult for me to write or even find the time to write. Anyways just please keep my mom and your prayers and I'll try to update faster next time. Sorry this chapter is short but I just wanted to put something out there for you guys. It's not the best but I promise the next chapter will be better.

Caution: Not edited

Chapter 12

Jace

"Are you scared Cassidy?" I ask her with glint of challenge in my eyes. She looks up to me not saying a word. I'm getting a little lost in her beautiful ocean blue eyes but I try to stay on tasks. Her chest rises up and down fast and I can tell she's getting really nervous but she tries not to let on. The cute redness of her face tells me that she is but as soon as I say these words the color drains from her face.

Staying silent we both stare into each other's eyes until she finally says, "No." Her voice is nothing more than a whisper as she breathes it out. She stares straight into my eyes and I show a small smirk.

This girl. There's something about this girl.

I have never wanted to willingly open up to people this much. But I do with her simply because I know everything will always stay between us. Yet, I didn't know that the first time I met her or when I went on my first date with her and so help me god if I'm falling for her this much this fast. But it's just something about her.

She's beyond different than all the other girls I know and dated. She's been one to stick to her gun about everything. The way she dress, acts, is. She has always been simply her. Not trying to ever show off or be someone or something different. How many girls do you know like that?

With her answer still lingering around in the air, I run my hand down slowly to her shoulder down her arm and to her hand. She starts to steady her breathing but I know I've affected her by my touch because of the goosebumps I see rising on her smooth skin.

I take her hand and let her fingers fall between mine while my other hand stays on the doorframe trapping her in. I concentrate on our hands interlocked together, "I won't try anything." With this my eyes find hers that have been watching me this whole time.

"You won't," she says and even though it's a question I know she's telling me this with authority.

In agreement I try to tell my brain (and not the one in my head) to keep itself in check. I can't lose my wit with this one. Nodding my head, I try to concentrate on anything other than how hot she looks in my clothes.

I stand fixated where I am and in this moment savoring it. This girl of my dreams, of anyone's dreams choose to be with me and now she's here in my house in my room and I really need to keep myself in check.

Cassidy is the first to make a move. Walking towards the bed she goes to the right of it. Our hands fall but stay interlocked still and it's something about this moment.

Getting in she lets go of my hand. She then moves towards the middle of the bed and considering that this bed is only but so big, there's not but so much space for her to move over to. She rests her head facing away from me on the pillow and then I take in a deep breath, letting out a huff. I rub my neck and furrow my eyebrows. This is going to be a long night.

Getting in also I try to resist the urge to wrap her in my arms or just come too close to her personal space. I just don't want to mess this up but I'm not use to having a girl in my bed and not doing anything too. So I lie there with my eyes wide open and to the ceiling wondering how I'll get through this night.