Chapter 25....Starting the career

Katie's p.o.v

Well, guess what? Cara and I are finally living the life!!!!
Hunter has already been famous, so we are his opening act...# yay!!!
          After he bows, he announces us on stage. I notice though, that Cara and my boyfriend, uh I mean Hunter(sorry, I'm still use to be calling him that, my bad) share a weird glance.
Not an angry one, but also not a happy one... It's very strange. I mean still. They use to be best friends now look at them... Just scared of each other.
                     Anyway, as I now look out to the crowd, I notice I become really nervous again.
"Hey guys... We're Katie and Cara and we're here to sing a song or more if ya like." But then I instantly feel like I'm floating on air when they cheer.
"Cara..." I whisper."come on."
I realize she's really terrified of millions of people starring at her... But I drag her right beside me.
"We got this." I tell her. She gives me a shy smile but then breathes so I know she's okay. "Just like we practiced when we were younger..."
She nods.
  "Okay we're going to start off with one of Hunter Hayes's Song..." That's when the crowd interrupts with a roar of claps and Whoo's and etc.
"Now we're not going to tell you which one though."Cara pitches in finally; she gives me a brave expression. "So just pay attention... Please..." The crowd just laughs.
Okay here we go...
"One... Two...three." We both start as we play the intro to Wanted. The crowd starts to roar again with their happiness and we just laugh.
Then I start.
"You know I'd fall apart without you, I don't know how you do what you do..... Cause everything that don't make since about me, makes since when I'm with you..."
Then at the chorus,after the words "you gotta know your wanted too," Cara pitches in again and we sound absolutely great together.
In between the song I glance over at Hunter, and he's shaking his head to the beat and stuff but looks surprised.(for some odd reason..)
                   At the end though, after the crowd howls again we both go backstage as Hunter yells into the microphone, "Give it up for Katie and Cara everybody... Whoo!!!"
Both Cara and I just drop to the floor cackling away! Lol😂
"Thanks for coming out tonight folks, hate to end it but we'll see each other again soon I promise."
Again we both just giggle.
                      But when he comes backstage with us, Cara just drops her face expression automatically, and tries to pretend that he's not there. I really feel for them you know? I mean it's so depressing.
"Loved your performance tonight." He grins as he tries to make me laugh but instead I frown. He acts like she's not even there! What a jerk!
"What? What's the matter?"
I just look at Cara as she looks at me like "what." As I then drag him away from everyone and tell him what is need to tell him.
For I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!
----------------------------------------------
OUr convo...

"Hunter..."
He just looks worried. Oh boy I can't believe I'm going to have to do this.
"We have to break up."