Chapter 2

I arrived at the café and went over to the apron rack behind the counter and got mine and put it on. Then I went to the counter and stood behind the register waiting for our first customer. *Ding* and there goes the bell. Ugh, just 12 hours to go.
•••12 hours later•••
"Finally" I said. "Finally what?" One of my coworkers Jen asked. "Finally, I can leave this stupid place" I told her. I put my apron back on the rack an walked out the door.

It was 6:00 so it wasn't dark, but it wasn't light outside either. I was 2 blocks away from my apartment when I heard footsteps behind me. 'Okay stay calm, it's just your imagination fooling around with you' I kept telling myself. After about 1-2 minutes the footsteps stopped. So I assumed it was my imagination. Yea, I was so wrong!

All of a sudden a hand wrapped around my mouth and another around my waist and pulled me into a dark alleyway. I was then pushed up against a wall. I was to scared to open my eyes to find out who was in front of me. "Open your eyes" the person whispered in my ear.

So I did, and what I saw scared the living daylights out of me. 2 glowing blood red eyes and sharp fangs. That's what I saw so I closed my eyes as fast as possible. "Please don't hurt me" I whisper, my lip trembling a little from holding back my tears. "I'm not gonna hurt you" he whispered.

We just stayed there in silence for another minute then out of nowhere I heard him whisper in my ear "I'm sorry". Then I felt a stinging pain in my thigh so I looked down and saw a needle in my leg. Then everything went black.