Chapter 14

Luke's POV

Oh my god. Please tell me I'm wrong. Why? What did we do wrong?

"Baby?" "What?" "Listen to me before you say or think anything" "what? What's wrong?" "I'm so sorry baby. I think you had a miscarriage".

She started sobbing. I just held her in my arms trying so hard to not start crying myself.

"Hey, look at me" I ask on the verge of tears. She looked at me still crying but not as bad as before. "Listen, it's up to you. Do you want to check up on the baby or do you just want to stay home and see how it plays out?". "I wanna go check up on the baby" she said. "Ok, do you wanna go right now?" "Yea" "ok, let's go"

••••
Chloe's POV

Regional hospital the glowing sign said. Luke came around the car and opened my door. I held his hand as he helped me out of the car. But the second I stood on the ground my stomach started to hurt again.

But worse this time. I let out a loud cry of pain as my knees became weak and I started to fall but not before Luke caught me. He picked me up bridal style and hurried in the front entrance.

"Please. Someone help me!" He cried as he rushed in with me in his arms. Two doctors rushed over and asked what's wrong. "I think she's having a miscarriage" he explained really fast.

"Ok. Stay calm. How far along is she?" One doctor asked. "2 months? I think I'm not sure. We found out not to long ago." He rushed out. "Sara! What rooms open?"he yelled to the receptionist. "112!" "Alright c'mon this way" we rushed into room 112 and they set up the ultrasound equipment.

"Alright lift your shirt up" I did as he said cause by now the pain had somewhat subsided because of some pain meads. He put the gel on my stomach in which I shifted because it was really cold.

He started to move the wand around my stomach and finally stopped when a blackish gray dot appeared on the screen. He looked closely at the screen them back at us. Back at the screen. Then turned the machine off and wiped the gel off my stomach.

"I'm so sorry. But to confirm your suspicions. You did indeed have a miscarriage, I'm so sorry for your loss. But as far as why I'm not so sure. I'm deeply sorry." He got up and left the room.