Blind Date

Y/N P.O.V

"Hey Y/N," my friend Kirsten called out to me.

"Yeah?" I replied not taking my eyes off the television.

"Would you be interested in a blind date?" Her question immediately grasped my full attention.

"Um no way," I chuckled knowing that blind dates are always a nightmare even though I haven't even been on one.

"Come on it'll be fun. Plus you've been single for a while."

"I like being single," I shrugged hoping she'd change the topic.

"You'll have fun, I promise. Please consider it." She was almost begging me by now.

"Fine, who's the lucky guy?"

"My brother."

"How is that a blind date? Crawford is literally in my kitchen eating all my food."

"She has another brother!" Crawford called from the kitchen. In a matter of seconds he was walking into the living room with a bag of chips.

"I completely forgot that . Why have I never met him? And why is this one always around?" I pointed to Crawford who was seated right next to me.

"That's because you and I are meant to be," Crawford took the liberty of answering while placing his arm around my shoulder.

"That's because he spent all his time with his girlfriend and then she broke his heart so he kept to himself most of the time." Kirsten replied seeming saddened by her brother's misfortune.

"Yeah we never liked her much," Crawford added in while stuffing his face with chips.

"This just seems like a rebound to me."

"It's not, I promise. We just want Chris to be happy."

"Fine, you can tell him we'll have lunch tomorrow."

"Oh she already told him, she just had to convince you." Kirsten glared at Crawf for ratting her out.

We spent the rest of the night watching television until Kirsten and Crawford left at eleven.

I headed up the stairs and got ready for bed hoping that lunch tomorrow won't be horrible. I've already had so many failed dates that I've basically given up.

A few minutes after my eyes began closing and I drifted off. A high pitched ringing awoke me from my sleep.

Ugh great. Its morning already. I reached over to the night stand for my phone and quickly turned the alarm off.

Upon checking my notifications, I noticed a text from Kirsten.

Kirsten: Chris is picking you up at 11. Have fun.

I checked the time and say that it was already 9 a.m. I can't believe I slept through my first two alarms. I immediately got out of bed and headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth and shower. By the time I was out of the bathroom it was already close to 10 a.m.

After rummaging through my closet for quite some time I decided on wearing a sleeveless navy blue floral print dress with a pair of black ballet flats.

While applying my lipstick, the doorbell rang. Wow he reached exactly at eleven. I stuffed my phone into my purse and headed downstairs.

I opened up the door and saw the most gorgeous boy in the world. He was wearing a green hoodie and black skinny jeans.

Chris' P.O.V

I arrived at Kirsten's friend's house about ten minutes early. I wasn't sure if I should ring the doorbell now, I don't want to disturb her if she's not dressesd as yet. I decided to sit on the swing on her porch to calm my nerves.