First Impressions

Your P.O.V
"Hey Y/N do you mind if my brothers come over today to film a video?"

"Oh no, I don't mind." I replied but only focused on putting the finishing touches on my paper which was worth sixty percent. I cannot afford to get a bad grade on this otherwise I'd flunk.

I inserted my last period, spellchecked then hurriedly pressed the print button. I grabbed the paper and immediately sped out of the door while stuffing the paper into an envelope.

There was only a few more minutes until I missed the deadline. I was only a few steps away from my History classroom when I felt a hot liquid drenching my white t-shirt and burning my skin.

Looking up I saw a boy with a petrified look on his face.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I don't know what happened."

Thankfully my envelope was not drenched in whatever his Starbucks cup contained. brushing past him I headed towards the door which opened right as I was about to turn the handle.

"Mr. Matthews, I have your assignment right here right on time."I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Uh sorry to break it to you Ms. Y/L/N but it's not on time," he walked past me while gesturing to his watch.

"Please Mr. Matthews, I'm only a few minutes late. I can't fail this class."

"I'm sorry Y/N if I bend the rules for you, then I'll have to bend the rules for everyone. You'll never learn proper time management if I just let it slide every time you're late for an assignment."

And there I was, left standing in the corridor staring at the back of my professor as he walked away while the tears rolled down my cheeks. Now I'll have to take summer courses to meet my required amount of credits.

I turned around to see the same boy staring at me while I wiped away my tears.

"What the hell are you staring at?" I pushed past him and made my way back into my dorm room.

"Hey Y/N is something wrong?" My roommate Kirsten called out to me.

"Whatever."

I slammed the door shut to the bathroom and immediately starting ripping off my clothes that clung to my body.

I stepped into the shower sighing in defeat knowing that it was my fault and only my fault. I should have been done long before the deadline date. Ugh but if only he hadn't bumped into me. I would have had those few minutes I needed to reach there on time.

Why am I even mulling over the past? It's History, just like my paper.

Chris' P.O.V

I feel so horrible, because of me that girl failed her class. And not to mention I spilled hot tea on her.

I knocked on my sister's door and was greeted by Crawf.

"Yo bro why'd you take so long?"

"I, um, I kinda ran into this girl."

"Did you get the digits?" Crawf asked while winking at me which caused Kirsten to punch him on his arm.

I plopped down on the bed and groaned in frustration.

"I spilled my starbucks all over her and now I feel like a total douche."

"Dude it's just starbucks, she can always, you know, bathe." Crawf laughed at his own joke which obviously caused Kirsten and I to roll our eyes.

"I'm pretty sure I made her miss her deadline and now she's failing."

"How are you so sure?" Kirsten was the one to question me this time.

"I saw her professor told her that she's basically screwed."

"Um Kirsten can you come in here for a second please?"

I heard a voice from the bathroom call. I didn't know there was anyone else here.

Kirsten got up and quickly entered the bathroom.

"Who's that?"

"It's Kirsten's roommate. Kind of rude but totally hot."

Your P.O.V
I stepped out of the shower and grabbed a towel off of the the rack and draped it around my body. I immediately realised that I didn't take any of my clothes into the bathroom when I stormed in. Now I regretted it. Kirsten's in there with her brother. I can't walk out in my towel.

Hesitantly I called out to my roommate. She walked in only a few seconds after.

"Yeah Y/N do you need anything?"

"Hey sorry about before. I just had a really crappy day. This guy spilled his tea on me and I missed my deadline and just ugh. I didn't take any colthes with me into the bathroom."

"Wait, what? A guy bumped into you, spilled his tea on you and made you miss your deadline?"

"Yeah why?"

"Um no reason. I'll just go get you an outfit."

"Thanks a million."

I paced back and forth a couple of times before Kirsten finally returned with clothes in hand.

"Thank you so much." I quickly grabbed the clothes from her. When I was finished with the outfit I took a look at myself in the mirror.

I definitely did not want to go out there but I had to. I couldn't stay in the bathroom especially since they know I'm in here.

Eventually I turned the doorknob and headed into the bedrooms and of course everyone's eyes turned to me but my eyes fell on the person lying on my bed.

His face looked somewhat familiar. The instant that I placed his face my blood boiled.

"You," I walked towards him, "you made me fail my class."

"Oh no," Kirsten and the other one spoke in unison.

"I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to, it was an accident."

"Sorry doesn't cut it."

"How is it even my fault? You were the one who was handing in your paper mere minutes before the due date." Just then I heard the door slam and realised that Kirsten and her other brother had left the room.

"If you hadn't run into me I would have reached on time so it is your fault." I began raising my voice at him.

"If you had handed up your paper on time it wouldn't have mattered if I ran into you or not because your paper would have already been handed up." He raised his voice to match mines.

"Well if you had looked where you were going we could have avoided this mess and I would have passed my class."

Just then I saw his face coming closer to mines and only seconds later his lips were on mine.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I yelled even louder.

"I was trying to get you to shut up. It always works in movies."

"Yeah well this isn't The Notebook."

And that kids is how your dad and I met almost twelve years ago. I looked down at my two seven year olds and then back at my husband who had me wrapped up in his arms.

"Can I be honest with you?" Chris asked me while tracing circles on my hands.

"Yes Chris."

"I spilled my starbucks on you just so could say hi because you were the most beautiful girl I had ever seen."

"Can I be honest with you too?"

"Mhm yes love," he responded.

"I know."

He then leaned placed a kiss on my lips which was interrupted by sounds of disgust that was coming from in front of us. We broke away as the kids ran up to their rooms and chuckled to our selves.