Chapter 10

- Abelle

I buried my face in my hands and let out a frustrated grunt. I knew this was going to happen.

"Dad, Mom, Chris is not the guy he seems and plus this wasn't his fault!!" I exclaimed. "He, nor I, knew ANYONE at that bar!!! Some people just started shooting!!"

"Why were you at a bar in the first place?!" Mom yelled back.

"Because I'm grown and I can do what I want!!!" I shouted.

"Look here, you are still too young to be DRINKING at the bar. And how do you know Chris didn't have some 'beef' with the people so they shot at you?" Dad replied.

"Because that's not Chris!" I shrieked. "He's better than that now!! He wouldn't put me in danger like that. I just know it!!"

"I'm done with this conversation. If I see you with that boy again you're transferring schools and that's final," Dad stated. I stared at him in disbelief and folded my arms.

"For all we know, Chris could have problems with multiple people and could get you shot again!" Mom added. I looked down remembering that Chris told me he was a drug dealer and began to cry silent tears.

"Boys like that, don't deserve girls like you. Educated, beautiful, and polite," Dad said lifting my chin up.

"Can I at least say goodbye?" I asked wiping away a tear. Mom nodded her head.

"We'll wait in the car," She said. I turned around and entered his room and tried my best to smile, but I instantly frowned when I realized he heard everything that was said. He looked so hurt, but he masked it with an emotionless look.

"Hey, Chris," I said taking a seat next to him.

"Maybe they're right, Abelle," he stated. "You don't belong with a guy like me."

"Chris, don't say that. You've bettered yourself. You're not the same guy you used to be," I replied.

"Abby, you can't take the hood outa me. I'm gon always be hood. No matter what," He responded.

"B-but I don't see you like that. And even if you are hood, why does it matter? I love you for you," I said furrowing my eye brows.

"Nah, Abby. You deserve someone that can buy you fancy cars and take you out to dinners on yachts and stuff. I can't do none of that for you. Listen to ya moms," he explained to me.

"No! Chris, I don't want any of that! I don't care about money! All I want is you!" I shouted as I wept into my hands. He removed my hands from my face and took them in his.

"Abelle, you're a good girl. You're beautiful and smart and you amaze me every day. Become a marine biologist, don't wait on me. You gon be waitin a long time," he said as he looked into my eyes. I snatched my hands out of his.

"I'm not a good girl," I growled at him. Rage boiled up in my body, my upper lip grew steaming hot, my adrenaline started rushing, and my heart started to race.

I just didn't give a fuck anymore. I was gunna do what I wanted without my parents knowing and I didn't give two and a half shits about them finding out.

Chris was going to see that I wasn't some little princess that needed to be waited on, I could be bad and I could be damn good at it too.

***

Once I got back to the dorm, I went into the closet and ruffled through my clothes. I grabbed long sleeve shirts and hoodies, skinny jeans and capris, setting them all on my bed. Picking up a pair of scissors, I began to cut at them all.