Chapter Three: Stuck Under Some Rocks in a Hard Place

Here’s the next chappie! Some action and plot progression here! Hope you guys like it!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

                The next morning, I sit up and stretch, only to bonk my head on the top of the log.

                “Ouch!” I squeal.

                My turmoil disrupts Zach, who sits up with a yawn. He is smarter than me and does not bonk his head on the top of the log.

                “Good morning!” he says.

                I grumble and rub my head morosely.

***

                “We need food.” Zach states sometime later after we’ve been walking awhile.

                My stomach rumbles with agreement.

                “There are some Pecha Berries over there.” He says, jerking his head in their general direction.

                “Pecha Berries?” I ask, befuddled.

                “Yes; they’re very sweet and delicious, and they also cure Poison.”

                I stop dead. “Poison?!”

                My companion flinches. “Right. You’re new here.”

                “Explanation, please.” I demand as I seat myself underneath the tree. Its smooth trunk reaches skyward, its graceful arms stretching and twisting outerwards like tendrils of smoke. Round, bright pink berries about the size of a grapefruit (whatever that is) droop on the tree’s boughs. The waxy leaves shine green like a small mossy stream.

                I pick one and bite into its juicy flesh. True to Zach’s word, the Pecha Berry is deliciously sweet and tasty, the ripe taste reminding me of a happy picnic in mid-summer. Juices dribble down my chin.

                “… Can happen when a Pokémon uses a move like Poison Powder.” Zach is saying when I tune back in to the real world.

                “This. Is. Amazing.” I say happily, reaching for another.

                The blue Mudkip stops my hand. “Let it settle.” He tells me, “Berries fill you up fast.”