Chapter Ten: Birds Eye View

Hey guys!! I'm baaaaack! Some action in this chapter... And... Well... You'll just have to read it(; Anyways, here's chapter 10! Enjoy! Also, THANK YOU TO PokemonFanficsUnited, WHO CHOSE THIS BOOK FOR FANFIC OF THE MONTH ON THEIR ACCOUNT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My body goes completely numb. What?!

Zach looks panicked. "What do you mean, Sam's been kidnapped?"

Lombre looks frantically between us. "He was just sitting in his pond... And then... Then a flash of silver light shot down from the sky! It was a Pokemon, and a very fast one! His name was Skarmory. He picked up Sam in his metal claws and had made his escape before anyone could stop him!"

"Where did Skarmory take Sam?"

"He probably took him to his lair at the top of Mt. Steel."

Zach pales. "Mt. Steel? That's a Mystery Dungeon, right? From what I've heard, it's pretty tough..."

Lombre shuffles in place. "Does that mean you're not going after him?"

"Of course we'll go rescue him! He's the whole reason Team Pastel Skies even exists!" I interject.

Lombre looks relieved. "I'll go tell the rest of Pokemon Square that you two are gonna save him!"

He leaves in a rush.

As soon as he's out of earshot, Zach turns to me. "Are you insane?! There's no way we're strong enough to take on Mt. Steel! That's almost a worse idea than Mt. Thunder!"

I cross my arms. While I love Zach, his pessimism will be the death of this team.

"Sam's the whole reason we're even a Rescue Team! We have to at least try!"

"We might as well be committing suicide if we go up there!" he insists, "Plus, if we even manage to make it to the top, Skarmory will probably fight us, and I seriously doubt we can defeat him with just the two of us."

I glare at Zach. "Well, I'm the leader of this team, and I say that we're going."

That shuts him up.

"We'll start for Mt. Steel tomorrow, then." I confirm, since it's already dark outside.

Zach just nods.

***

The next morning, I'm starting to feel pretty nervous. Zach's right. Do we really think that we can somehow conquor Mt. Steel?

But I know that we owe it to Sam. It's for that very reason that I force myself to start preparing for our trip after I wake up.

"C'mon, we should probably get going. Every second we waste is a second that Sam could be hurt." I tell my partner.

Zach moodily follows me around the base as I gather up our Rescue Badge and other essential items. I'm packing every single Oran Berry we have. We're gonna need them.

***

"Good luck!" everyone in Pokemon Square yells after us as Zach and I leave town.

I wave back at them.

Zach's cheered up since our little spat, and seems to be in a fairly optimistic mood now.

"Unfortunately, Mt. Steel is a few days journey away." he tells me, "but we have to remember that Sam used to be part of Team Dragonwater. He can probably defend himself, at least until we get there."