Chapter Five: We Meet the Heroes

Here’s chapter 5! I’m really excited to be writing on this story again :D Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                The force from the explosion shakes the ground.

                The Pokémon, of course, immediately start to panic.

                Alakazam says something to Charizard, then him and Tyranitar start trying to calm everyone down, while Charizard takes off into the sky.

                “C’mon!” I tell Zach as he’s trying to leave, “we have to see who did that!”

                He looks at me like I’ve grown an extra head.

                “It was probably just another earthquake. We’ve been having those lately.” He says shakily.

                “That was an explosion, not an earthquake!”

                My companion looks nervous.

                I drag him with me as we go to investigate the scene where the explosion occurred.

                There’s a small-sized crater from where the boom was heard, with scorch marks all around the edge.

                I look around for evidence of a bomb. “I don’t see anything.” I inform Zach as he looks too.

                He shakes his head. “Neither do I.”

                “Could a Pokémon move have done this?” I ask.

                My friend thinks. “Well…”

                Then I notice something.

                Nearby in the bushes, there’s something poking out. I walk over and pull it out, inspecting it. It’s a thin, flat wooden carving of something that vaguely resembles a bat. Its ears are distinguishable, as well as small nubs for feet. The wings are stretched out to the side as if you were watching the bat in flight from below.

                The wood is rough and unpolished; hastily carved.

                “What’s that?” Zach asks as he stands beside me.

                “I’m not sure.”

                Suddenly, Charizard alights down beside me, taking the carving out of my hands.

                “Alakazam,” he says in a deep, gravelly voice, “Look what I have found.”

                “Hey!” I say indignantly, “Excuse me, that’s not yours! I found it!”

                The big dragon ignores me as he hands the carving to his leader.

                Alakazam inspects it, turning it over in his hands. His spoons hover in midair nearby.

                I walk right up to them. “You didn’t find that,” I tell Charizard angrily, “I did!”

                Tyranitar pushes me aside. “Leave this to the Rescue Teams, kid.”

                I puff myself up. “I’ll have you know we saved Butterfree’s Caterpie from the trench in Tiny Woods!”

                Tyranitar guffaws. “Kid, Team Superpower could have beaten that place in our first-stage evolutions!”