Chapter 4

The band ran out to the stage in front of the thousands of screaming girls. Ross, Riker, and Rocky walked up to their microphones standing at the front of the stage. Rydel made her way to the keyboard at the back left of the stage and Ratliff went to his drums. no sooner did he sit down, the music started.

Ryland grabbed my wrist and yelled just over the music, "Come here! I'll slide you into the crowd for a better look!" He pulled me to the side of stage, but still behind the curtains. he helped me jump to the ground, unnoticed. I watched the boys and girl I had just met sing their hearts out. Every girl, but me, knew every word to every song and sang along now matter what the key or tune was. I was standing right in front of Riker and could notice him and Ross staring at me. Well, at least until I noticed.

When the show was over, the band threw out merchandise to the crowd. Guitar picks, shirts, rubber bracelets, everything! While everyone was busy fighting for free stuff, I slid up the stairs again to the backstage. I was almost to the "Green Room" when Ross stopped me.

"Hey, Saph. Did you enjoy the show?" He rubbed a towel to his face and hair. Sweat rolled down his neck.

"Yes! I loved it! I am totally a fan of R5 now." I laughed, trying not to give into how hot he looked at the moment. He rubbed a hand through his hair, making it stand up straight. His eyes were wide and smiling.

"I'm so glad that you are!" he smiled, his smile began to fade to blushing as he asked, "can I ask you something? Actually, two somethings?"

I nodded. He smiled then said, "you don't mind me calling you Saph, right? That is the first something...."

"I don't mind at all! My baby niece calls me Saph, I don't mind if you do too." I answered.

He grinned, "okay, second something.....umm......w-would you like me to walk you home?" he asked unsure of himself.

Knowing that wasn't the 'something' he wanted to ask, I nodded, "I'd love it if you did."

He offered his arm as if he were a prince courting a maiden. I giggled as I took it. He walked me away from the crowd and Green Room, towards where the beach is. He jumped from the 4-foot platform first, landing in the sand smoothly. He stood and offered to help me. He grabbed my hands and held them firmly. His hands were so warm and soft, I never wanted him to let go. I tried to jump from the platform, but my foot got caught on something. I fell on to Ross' chest and we both collapsed into the sand. I closed my eyes for the fall. Once I knew for sure we went down, I opened them. My head laid on Ross' chest, our hands were still together. I quickly sat up, my knees were still at his hips. My face turned beat red when I noticed he was laughing.

"I'M SO SORRY!" My voice cracked. I tried to stand but Ross looped his finger through mine, still laughing. He was blushing, as he started to stand. He stood and pulled me up too. We both laughed hysterically as I regained balance.

"Hahaha, well that was fun." Ross teased. He glanced behind us quickly for a moment, as if he heard something. He looked toward where we jumped off the stage. He shrugged and started to walk down the beach. I looked to where he stared, nothing was there. What was he looking at? I turned and caught up with Ross. "so, where are we going? Where do you live?" He asked.

"I live in the Grand Hotel on Main Avenue." I said.

He looked shocked. "THE Grand Hotel? As in the best rated hotel in America?" His eyes were huge.

I laughed, "yeah. I live there. In fact, my grandma owned it...before she died...." Ross looked intrigued. I sighed and continued. "my grandmothers mom was a 'superstar' in Europe during the 1920's, so she got really rich. Then my grandma was born and inherited the fortune. My grandma met my grandpa, who was a really successful business man, and one thing led to another, and boom. Some of the richest people of the time. Then they had a couple of kids, who had kids, who had kids. And that's where we are now. My grand parents fortune has been split evenly between my cousins, siblings and I. Me being the youngest Grandchild, I got to live in my grandmas suite and I don't even have to pay rent, because she owned the entire hotel...."