Chapter 15

The Dragon and His Mate, Book 2 of the Silverflame Series
Chapter 15
"So real, yet it wasn't"

Silverflame PoV

  Thanks to the entrance having been enlarged previously, there was no reason to shift into something smaller. Having entered I turned and rolled the stone to cover up most of the 'door way', only leaving a sliver of a kaleidoscope of colors, caused by Grandfather Sun's light streaming through the cascading falls to stream in. My wings dropped to the floor, since I was exhausted. (Did they update AGAIN?!?)
There was excited shrieks (I forgot about these two..) and two little red balls of energy came barreling to me. Apparently the two abandoned eggs we had found a month ago have hatched. Their small teeth glinting in the dim lighting. "Food! Food! We want food, Father!" They squeaked. No way was I letting them see me like this... I folded my wings across my back, and raised my head slightly.  Now I have to go out again... I thought. "Wait here." I told them, heading for the door.

(Here's what they look like, only more redder)

Shoving the rock out of the way, the roaring waterfall sound increased. I walked out allowing the stone to roll back into place, before leaping past the waterfall, spreading my wings before I fell into the water and soaring upwards toward the forest. It didn't take long to find a herd of deer. I drove down at a stag, grabbing him in my jaws, before flying back up to the sky as he shrieked, and the herd bolted. He gave up struggling when I tightened my jaws around him, crushing his midsection.

Returning, I shoved the rock out of the way and entered the lair, and entered, before the rock slammed back into place. I dropped the carcass, and they squealed, running to it and tearing into it with contented growls.

The days passed of me just doing the same thing. Go out. Hunt. Return. Feed Skaarsgard and Vulcan. Repeat.

They were currently asleep in a pile.

Using my tail I pulled them closer, and they snuggled into my side with soft purring noises.

I could feel myself getting weaker. I hadn't been feeding myself.

Felyx would kill me, if the hunger didn't first...

But I couldn't stop them from asking me every day: where's mom, daddy? When will she come back? The question in their little amber colored eyes was never asked: do we even have a mom?

I couldn't answer them.

I felt guilty.

I had just left him there.

In the clutches of my insane uncle.

Doing hell knows what to him.

I layed my head down and let sleep take over.

I was back in the village, my uncle glaring down at me with looks of triumph.

Felyx urging me to just go, tears in his eyes.