Chapter - 4: My Literally-Out-Of-This-World-Lover

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

This chapter is full of explanation on parallel universes' stuff. It may be a bit difficult to understand. Just in case if you do not understand anything, feel free to message me anytime. :-). And the pic above is what Armaan is wearing.

Love,

Smriti <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jadis' P.O.V.:

Is this some sort of sick joke? All the time I spent going ape-shit about my Other Half and then BAZINGA! He is from a parallel universe. Literally, his ass is out of this world. I mean, wow. Fucking wow. I am a maniacal encyclopaedia on parallel universes. That is MY TURF. Then this guy comes along telling me that he is from a parallel universe. Can I be luckier?

"Care to explain?" I inquired; my voice is laden with curiosity. Why would it not be?

"Okay. But it may be a little confusing though."

"Don't worry about that part, sweetie. I am a science nerd myself." I replied with a toothy grin.

"If the universe wasn't expanding for an eternity and was finite, that is, a static universe. Then the stars would be evenly distributed throughout the in order to maintain a balance in the universe."

"That would result in a really lit night sky due to all the stars. Hence, the universe is proved to be continuously expanding. It is called Olber's Paradox."

"So you've done your research, huh?"

"Yep."

"Then you must know that there is a particular fundamental configuration, i.e., setting, for everything and everyone. For example, if you pick up your book, the actions involved have different sets of configurations. If you go out, another set of configurations. If you even think of going out, BAAM! More configurations. These configurations are basically unique points in phase space.

Phase space is a space in which all possible states of a system are present with each possible state of a system corresponding to one unique point in the phase space. The set of specific microscopic configurations of a system, thermodynamic system, is called a microscale. The time spent by a thermodynamic system in some region of phase space of microstates with its energy not changing, is proportional to the volume of the region."

"That is, all microstates can exist in time. This is Ergodic Hypothesis. Do you have this Hypothesis in your universe too?"

"Uhh, honestly speaking, I have no idea who TF is Ergodic. It is called the Cooper-Hofstadter Hypothesis in my world."

"Wow. So the MWI theory is correct?"

"MWI?"

"Many Worlds' Interpretation theory. It states that all the possible things that could have happened in this world have happened in another world or maybe worlds. Like Ergodic Hypothesis became Cooper-what-that-name-is Hypothesis. All this leads to the Chaotic inflation theory. The theory basically says that since universe is continuously expanding, the possibilities of the existence of parallel universe is there and some scientific terms that I don't remember."

"I know what it is. It didn't click when you said MWI theory. How am I supposed to know that you meant that?"

"Well babe, get used to that. Since I am your Other Half."

"Hell no. I am going back."

"Hey asshole! Complete your explanation first."

"Hahaha! So you want the explanation, not this Mayan god-like body?"