Chapter - 7: Sisters Before Misters?

Jade's P.O.V.:

*buzz buzz*

"I GOT A FEELING ON A SUMMER DAY WHEN YOU WERE GONE,
I CRASHED MY CAR INTO THE BRIDGE;
I WATCHED, I LET IT BUURRN!
I THREW YOUR SHIT INTO A BAG,
AND PUSHED IT DOWN THE STAIIIRS.
I DON'T CARE, I LOVE IT!"

What the hell?!
Why would anyone play that at this ungodly hour?

"JADE! Switch off the bloody alarm or, I swear, I'll through the damn cell out of the window!"
"For God's sake, why is everyone shouting so early in the morning?!"
"Maa, ask her to switch off her cell. It was ringing at night too. If the chick singing that song has a blank space, ask her to fill in some spaghetti there, food is good."
"Sam, Blank Space© was playing at night?"
"Well, it sounded like that."
"That's Zayna's contact's ringtone."
"Okay so ask her to NOT call you after midnight, your playlist is damn weird and irritating."
"Yeah whatever." I replied with a sneer.

My screen's brightness is wayyy too much for me in the morning. It is giving me a headache.
Zayna had given me 6 freaking missed calls. WHAT THE FUCK?
I called her back immediately whispering, "Pickup, bitch. Pick up the fucking call."
"The number you are trying to reach is not answering your phone, please call again later."
I hit redial. No answer again. 5 times in succession.
Now I was freaked out, totally. Should I try her mom's cell? I can always give the excuse that I was planning on visiting her house.

After two unanswered calls, her mom picked up.
"Hello?" Why is her mom's voice so weak? Maybe because it's like 7 in the morning? But her mom is a morning person.
"Hi Aunty. Is Zayna awake?"
"No child, she is," Why a weird pause? "...sleeping. Did she tell you something?"
"Actually we were gonna meet up at her house today. So I just wanted to confirm it."
"Oh, all right."Her voice was quivering at this point. "The problem is; Zayna is at a hospital."
"Umm, WHAT?"
"Yes, honey." And her mom let out a silent sob.
I could feel a tightening feeling in my throat.
"Aunty, what happened?"
"Come and see for yourself, please. I really don't wanna talk on the phone."
"Sure Aunt. I will be there soon."

WHAT IS GOING ON?????????

Oh wait. Fuck. FUCK!
I should've known. She was crying yesterday. SHIT. I am such a shitty bestie. How can I not notice it?!

"MOM!"
"MOM!" And my voice broke.

She couldn't do that. She CAN-FUCKING-NOT do that. Not to me. Not to us. Not to her parents. Not to herself.

"What happened? What's wrong?"

"Maa, Zayna..." I was so close to crying, but I gotta stay strong. "She is hospitalised. I gotta go. Please."
"Of course. Just inform Armaan. He must be on his way here, right?"
"Yeah. But, I'm sure he'll understand."

"Now go freshen up fast while I make you some grilled cheese for breakfast really quick. All right?"
"Yeah..."
"Hey Jade, listen to me. Both of us know that Zayna is a really strong person and she will be okay."
"I hope so. I really do."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's Note:
😊
Guys, I am not George Martin, but...

*sickly sweet smile*

Love,
Smriti <3