Chapter 9: He Returns

( Don't you love surprises? Kaneki's back, the Male Reader's a half ghoul, Touka and the Male Reader are taken by the CCG, his father is a Special Class Dove, SUPRISES, YAY. )

Roma's eyes were wide open. "K-Kaneki."

Nishki had a glare tint across his glasses. "What are you doing back here, Kaneki?"

"Nishio-senpai. Where is Touka chan?" He asked, curious of her well being, no matter how much she hates him.

"Not sure, might be out with her boyfriend." He replied, Ken's eyes widening a bit.

"W-What..? S-She..?" Kaneki shed one tear.

One. Tear.

He ran. Fast and wide and away from Antieku. He wanted to find Touka. Something could happen to her, and that could be something horrible.

"Touka-chan... I'm sorry."

---Cochlea, CCG Ghoul Detention Center---

They slammed her into a cell. You watched in horror as she was contained in a containment cell and cried out to her.

"TOUKA!!!" You scream, seeing her lifeless in a prison. They weren't locking you up just yet.

Someone important at Cochlea's investigation center wanted to see you.

They took you there, and locked you in Containment Center 003.

A man with a brown-grey color mix in his hair and beard, and slightly long at that, walked in and sat in front of you.

"Hello (Reader's name)." He spoke to you, as if entirely familiar with you.

"Who are you and how do you know me?!" You yell at him. "And let me have Touka!"

"I know entirely who you are. I am Yokomari Shikimoto. Son."

You flinch. Your last name was Skikimoto. He couldn't have been your father.

"You're wrong..!" You spit at him, not believing him. "You can't be my father! I'm a half gh-"

"Your mother was a ghoul, son. She.. She was a unique woman. I found out her secret. That she was a ghoul. And so I kept that. Kept it from my peers, and the same with you. I had to leave you alone in the world because your mother was a ghoul. She's here. In Cochlea. Well, was. We executed her 4 years ago." When you heard him, you wanted to cry.

This man killed her.

All because she was a ghoul.

"Let me see her. Please." You ask, hot tears falling from your eyes and down your cheeks.

His father lied down a few images of you, your mother, and him together, happily a family.

More tears ran down your face. You began sobbing for a few minutes, unable to bear this masked truth.

You utterly hated life now. Your father, CCG. Your mother, a dead ghoul. Your Touka-chan, locked up here. This was hell.

---Just outside the CCG Containment Center---

Kaneki rounded up a few people from the Aogiri Tree, just Ayato and Eto.

He still, surprisingly didn't figure that she was his favourite author, but she knew.

"We strike on my mark. Get into position." Kaneki said.

They had one intention, and only one.

Save Touka.