Chapter 1

I walked into the dark room booming with music. I looked around recognizing no one. Partially because of the costumes, but mostly because i really didn't know many people.

I turned to my friend Hannah. "Are you sure we should be here?"

"Yeah, its fine! Itll be fun. Im gonna go fine katelynn. You stay here." she said.

I stood there awkwardly as strangers bodies bumped into me. I squeezed through the people and to the bar at the other end of the room where i took a seat and stared at my hands, wanting to be anywhere but here.

"Well princess, looks like we match." a deep husky voice said into my ear.

"Excuse me?" i asked, not completely sure what he ment.

"Your costume. We match. Princess and prince."

He said, gesturing to himself. Something about his presence scared me, but excited me at the same time. And I felt my heart rate speed up under his stare.

"Actually, im a fairy." i said turning my shoulder so he could see my small wings.

He gripped my shoulders tightly and ripped the wings from the material of my dress. His actions shocked me and i gasped feeling his warm hand on my neck and breath at my ear. "Not anymore, love. You're my princess now."

I turned my head to look at him and found his face intimidatingly close to mine. I was searching through my head looking for anything to say. My instincts were telling me to push him away, but my hands wouldn't move. I was completely paralyzed by his stare.

"Alyssa!" I heard hannah yell. I turned my head away and looked at my friend. I felt the mysterious guy back away some but still stay close.

Hannah stopped in front of me. Her eyes moved to the guy, then to me, then back to the guy. "Who are you?" she asked boldly.

"Who are you?" he shot back.

She crossed her arms. "I asked first."

He gave a seductive half smile saying, "Well im prince charming."

"Well prince charming, i hate to cut this short but im going to have to take my friend here away for a while." hannah grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the prince charming.

"He was gorgeous. But something about him was scary. You're welcome for that." she said once we were some feet away.

"Yeah, thanks." i said turning my head to see him sitting in the seat i previously was with his eyes directly on me. He turned one of his sparkling green eyes up in a wink that sent goosebumps all over my body. Even though i already knew from the short time i spent with him that he was dangerous, i felt myself getting more and more intrigued by him. And that was bad.