Chapter 6

Vivian Quagmire

"What the hell is wrong with this guy?" Klara whispered in my ear as we quietly followed Timothy inside the tunnel. The British kid has been grouchy and mean ever since we stepped foot in that old library.

"I don't know. It's either he has mood swings or he has male PMS." I said and shrugged. I know that it was meant to be a joke and all, but considering his douchebag attitude, I wouldn't mind saying a cute guy like him has PMS.

Klara glanced quickly at Timothy whose eyes were shining in the dark, his lips thin and in a straight line. He's face was scrunched up in a serious-mad kind of looking face and Klara nodded and said, "Definitely PMS."

I giggled a little and Klara chuckled. The aura of this little adventure and save-our-parents kind of thing has been a little too serious so Klara and I decided to hyper things a bit -- but of course, we were still worried about our parents.

Klara became silent, probably tired of making jokes about the others so I stopped as well. It was almost ten minutes of walking in the dark tunnel, but we haven't scoured up any clue, information or anything.

Seriously though, does Timothy even know where our parents are or is he just playing a very hard prank on us? Better yet, our parents are the ones pranking us but of course here I am again thinking of weird thoughts that wouldn't possibly happen.

What could I say? I am imaginative and creative anyways. By that certain time my imagination had basically killed me off with its crazy ideas, who knows if our parents are in some sortof crazy club, cult or secret-spy organization or something. Okay, stop, yes, I am definitely too imaginative for my own good.

I shook my head from all the thinking I was doing and noticed Laura scootching towards Timothy whose face had relaxed a little already. But really though, his eyes are still shiny and scary likes he wants to eat or someone already.

"Hey," I heard Laura said softly. "You okay?"

Timothy paused for a little before he started walking again. I guess he was kind of shocked and confused as to why the hell is Laura the sassy one and the person who dislikes him is talking to him and asking if he's okay. Yeah, I'd have the same basic reaction.

I saw Timothy shrug a little and look at Laura. He gave her a smile that I don't really know if it's fake or sweet or whatever.

"Sorry," He said quietly. "It's just that there are things and secrets that shouldn't be blurted out to the world. Because one little secret, one little lie, could disturb a pond or a lake and create ripples through its surface and by the time we knew it, the whole world will be affected." He then gave Laura something that I could say and consider a genuine look.

"So darling, you don't want to know my secrets." He said mischievously, with his infamous lopsided grin, showing his dimples. Okay, I'm kind of positive that Timothy, the one who's hitting on Laura is definitely back.

"EEEK!" Klara suddenly shrieked and we all looked at her direction, alarmed.

"What happened?!" I asked, terrified. Don't tell me there are cockroaches or rats in this tunnel?!

"They happened!" She screamed and pointed at Timothy and Laura. I then frowned at her and placed my finger on her forehead and shove it a little.