→5

Work went by like the usual, helping the editors here and there. 

Me and Eren still kept quiet about the letter. If Hanji or Sasha knew about it, I'll lose the deal. Though things a got just a little bit awkward between me and Eren. But all in all, it's good.

My mind went thinking about the apartment my parents rented for me. Since the house was a bit far away from work, they decided to rent a place where I'll be staying during my internship.

I'm going to the place after work tonight. My things were just moved there a couple hours ago since Mom texted me.

Looks like I'll be living alone for a while, damn it'll be hard to cook.

I thought to myself as I gathered the manuscripts and drafts to be submitted to nobody than Boss Levi himself.

I cradled the stacks in my arms, careful not to make them rain on the office floor when I crossed paths with Eren.

"Eh? [f/n]? Need help?" Eren asked, reaching his hands out, just in case he would need to take the papers immediately.

"Yeah, yeah, can you just take this stack?" I asked, jutting my arm up and he took the other papers from me. I sighed in relief "Thanks"

"No problem, and these are for?"

"Boss Levi"

He tensed up for a bit.

"What? have you gone gay for him?" I asked, arching an eyebrow. Eren's teal eyes widened as he looked at me in disbelief, a small dust of pink tinted his cheeks.

"What?! what the heck, [f/n], what made you think of that?!" he huffed, furrowing his eyebrows.

I laughed, nudging him "Oh come on, it's okay to be gay" 

"[f/n]!"

"Alright, alright" I chuckled "I'm just kidding. Just a little payback for teasing me"

Eren chuckled until a smirk came to his lips "Oh yeah, your love letter" his free hand went to his chin like he's thinking of something as he looked up with a sly smile.

"Perhaps Connie and Jean can be trusted wi--"

"Eren!" It was my turn to be flustered. Eren burst laughing and I joined in. 

"I'll get you back there, Jaeger" I said once our laughing died down.

"Oh It'll probably backfire like that last one"

"How dare you"

We continued to chat as we approached Boss Levi's office. Eren had the will to knock on the door and so he did.

"Name and state your business" his muffled, stoic voice was heard behind the door. Eren nudged me to answer.

"[f/n] and Eren, sir" I said, keeping my voice even "We have the drafts and manuscripts to be submitted" 

"Enter"

Eren opened the door and we both stepped in. 

Levi was there, sipping a coffee leisurely as he read some kind of report on his laptop as he scrolled. He didn't even gazed at us as he gestured to his desk.

"Place it there" he said. We did as we told and set down the stacks on the broad desk. "You can leave" he said once we were done.

We exited the room when Eren and I sighed in relief simultaneously. We looked at each other and blinked. 

"Huh?" I wondered.

"What?" he raised an eyebrow

"Were you scared of Levi?"

"Uh weren't you scared as well?"

The air inside Levi's office was a bit, different. Like Levi's stern aura was rubbing off onto the office's atmosphere. You can immediately tell it was his. And you'll feel scared and tensed. It's  probably a thing for Levi, the man is mysterious as he could be. I couldn't even imagine him reading that epic fail letter that was sent to Eren instead of him. Thank goodness. I'm starting to see through the regrets. It's a good thing that the letter went to Eren.

"You can really feel the heavy atmosphere in his room huh?" I chuckled as we walked back to where we came from

"I know right" he agreed. I gazed at him at the corner of of my eyes and noticed a slight blush on his cheeks. I assumed.

Oh my god, did he really turned gay?

 "Um, [f/n], I was wondering" he scratched the back of his head nervously "There's this new cafe down town and I want to ask if  you would like to--"

He was interrupted when a random employee called to him. "Eren! there you are! can you help me with this" he gestured to his cubicle.

"Ahah, there it goes" he said, a hint of disappointment in his eyes. He turned to me with a soft smile that made my heart jump. I don't know why. "See ya" he said before approaching the employee that needed some help.

I blinked, dumbfounded for a second before snapping back into reality. My cheeks felt a bit warm as I went to the breakroom.

What was he going to ask me back there? Oh never mind, [f/n], focus on work first!

***

I was dismissed early since I need to go fix the other things on the apartment.

The night sky was illuminated by the city lights as I drove through the weaving streets of the city and reached the suburbs. 

Turning a right at the corner, I followed carefully the address Mom gave me.

"Ah there it is!"

That was probably it. It's an apartment building lined with windows here and there, sliding doors and terraces with a simple design that made anyone feel home. I made a mental note to thank mom later for picking a good place.

 I stepped out of the car, the place has a peaceful air to it. I sighed in content once I stepped into the building, holding in my hand the apartment key my Mom gave earlier.

***

My apartment has a simple design that matches the building's exterior. There was a kitchen at the side with a dining table for two. The living room at the middle with a flat-screen TV. I checked out my room, and there was a door nestled at the corner that lead to a bathroom.

Surprisingly, Mom done my unpacking and my room was already arranged with the books and things I told her to bring. I chuckled.

Come on, Mom. You don't have to look out for me always

Maybe all I need is a bit of dinner, a bath and sleep. I smiled laying my things on the bed as I head for the sliding door that led to the terrace.

I drew the curtains aside and slid the door open, stepping out and inhaling the night breeze. I sighed in contentment, propping my elbows on the railing as I looked up at the night sky, thankful that the area was a bit far from the city.

Everything was perfect as I looked around the area. Until I heard the sliding door of the apartment next to mine's open, faint footsteps stepping out onto the terrace to join me in the night. I turned my head around to gaze at them. My eyes widened in surprise, taken aback, I swore I could've fell off the terrace and die a horrible death. 

My jaw dropped in surprise as I pointed a shaking finger at him.

There, at the apartment terrace next to mine, was the familiar teal eyed boy I work with as an intern in the company. The last person I expected to see. 

"Y-y-you?!..."

Eren probably knew something. Because he backfired (like he said)

Again.