→7

I ran into Eren in the hallway when I was heading out to visit Kira.

It's a day-off from work, I asked Mom for Kira's address, though she showed uncertainty.

Me convincing a woman who fled from story-writing would be impossible. But I have to try.

"Oh, hey, where are you heading?"

Eren stood in front of me, wearing a sweatshirt and what looks like pajamas.

His brown hair mussed at the top like he's been lying down. With some envelopes in his hand, it looks like he went to get the mail.

"Oh, um, I'll be visiting that author I was talking about" I replied, trying not to fix his bedhead.

"That, Kira something something?"

"Kira Kasuka"

"Oh" he nodded slowly, gaze dropping at his door. He turned back to me, eyes flickering.

"I'll go with you, can I? Wait for me here-" before I could protest, he made his way back into his apartment room.

I sighed to myself, giving up to his help. Maybe a little help wouldn't hurt.

After a few minutes, Eren came back, wearing a navy button down under a gray cardigan and jeans.

I blinked, quite foreign to his sense of style. It looks good on him, and his hair was fixed neatly from his bedhead.

My cheeks warmed briefly. "Uh, hey, we're not going anywhere fancy. You should've just wore a simple attire" I said, looking slightly to the side to avoid his gaze.

He chuckled, running a hand through his hair "Is it too much?"

For a fact, I didn't want him to change. But I can't help but feel a bit conscious standing beside him in my plain long sleeves and jeans.

I shook head my head "Nevermind, I'll just change" I turned my heel to walk back but Eren caught my arm.

"We're wasting time here, no time to change. Plus, I think your clothing is..." I swore I saw him blush but he turned his head a bit "...good"

"Good. So, good makes me look like your personal assistant, Mr. Model?"

"H-hey I didn't say anything! Are my clothes really that much?" He shook his head "We're not models nor celebrities for people to look at us like that and you look good just like that with me"

My cheeks grew warmer, having no idea what he meant by that. I shook the thoughts away, avoiding myself to assume.

"Well you look like a model!" I turned and started to walk off.

"Then I'll go change!"

"No time!" I stepped back and dragged him along. Don't change...

After getting into my car, we drove off into the city, following Kira's address.

***

Kira's house was on the other side of the city. And it was a complicated route and we had to park the car by another street outside the suburbs so it'll be easy to move around.

Me and Eren ran into several dead ends before finally finding her home.

I craned my neck, looking up at the house.

It was a small, simple one but just by looking at it, you can tell it wasn't well maintained.

Walking towards the door, Eren leaned down and asked "Um, did you tried to call her and arrange an appointment?"