Chapter 6: Flightpaw Gets His Wings

Alright! Chapter 6! The voting thing is still going and when I put out this chapter we have/had 39 votes! That is awesome! I've also been asking people on G+ to help vote and I have to thank AquaLeaf0323 for voting on this. Also yesterday I was also spammed with votes by -Starglazer- unexpectedly, which I appreciate. So shout out to those two! Anyways keep voting and enjoy this chapter!
New Fairy Tail cats:
Plantpaw - Droy
Fastpaw - Jet
Lionpaw - Loke
Tinypaw - Levy
---

The nightmares had stopped because of Flamepaw. Spiritpaw started to talk to the other apprentices now that the nightmares are gone.

Tinypaw was one of the friends she had made. There were others like Fastpaw and Plantpaw but she didn't know them very well. All Spiritpaw knew was they like to hang around Tinypaw a lot. One tom cat won't leave Spiritpaw alone at all. His name is Lionpaw and he would flirt with her when they went on patrols or trained together. If Flamepaw was near he would threaten Lionpaw.

If Flightpaw was near when Loinpaw gets threatened by Flamepaw he would say, "They liiike you." to Spiritpaw and she would start threatening him about saying that.

"We want you eight apprentices to split into groups of two to hunt as a team." Silverclaw ordered. Brightheart, Ivypool, Berrynose, and the other mentors of the eight apprentices, Flamepaw, Spiritpaw, Vitanipaw, Akemipaw, Fairypaw, Flightpaw, Icepaw and Tinypaw, stood beside her. They were all trying to teach the apprentices how to hunt as a team. "The teams will be, Flamepaw and Spiritpaw, Icepaw and Flightpaw, Fairypaw and Akemipaw, Vitanipaw and Tinypaw. Understand?" Everyone nodded their heads. "Good, now go." The teams rushed off to go hunt.

"So where are we going to hunting?" Flamepaw asked Spiritpaw.

"I don't know. Why are you asking me anyways?" Spiritpaw asked. Flamepaw stopped and turned towards Spiritpaw.

"Well you're the leader of this team so I asked you." Flamepaw meowed happily.

"Why am I the leader? I'm terrible at leading." Spiritpaw replied.

"I think you would be a great leader. Spiritstar. Even your leader name sounds awesome!" Flamepaw meowed. Spiritpaw felt hot with embarrassment. Me as a leader? Spiritpaw wondered.

"Thanks but no thanks. I don't think I'll be a good leader. I'll stick to trying to be a warrior." Spiritpaw replied.

"Ok but you're still going to be leader of this team." Flamepaw replied.

"Fine. Let's hunt at the ancient oak." Spiritpaw meowed. They were about to pad to their hunting spot but then heard a yowl from a cat. Flamepaw froze.

"That was Flightpaw!" Flamepaw meowed. "I have to go help him!" He darted off in the direction the yowl came from.

"I'm coming too!" Spiritpaw meowed and followed Flamepaw. When they got to where Flightpaw was, Icepaw was in a tree while Flightpaw just stared. It look a second for Flamepaw to realize why he was just standing there. Barking from a dog could be heard coming from the direction Flightpaw was looking. The barking was getting louder.

"Come on Flightpaw! Get up the tree!" Flamepaw yowled. Flightpaw just stared. "Come on!" By now the dog was visible.

The dog was coming straight for them. Flightpaw closed his eyes. He waited for the dog to bite him but it never happened. Instead, he felt like he was lifted up in the air and his claws dug into something soft. Fur? Flightpaw wondered.