- ̗̀one ̖́- jaded you

hey angel one direction

At the ripe age of twenty-eight, Luke Hemmings' solo career was coming to an end. It was the right time for it to stop, he was slowing down in music sales, and it just wasn't the same after Michael died.

5 Seconds Of Summer officially ended eight years ago, three days after the death of the band's lead guitarist, Michael Clifford. It was a simple goodbye that forever changed their lives. Michael just wasn't happy anymore and didn't want to live any longer in this 'piss and shit, God forsaken earth' as he called it.

Luke had lost contact with the other two boys after the death of his best friend, packing all of his shit up and flying to Los Angeles (leaving Calum and Ashton behind) and starting another career of his own. He's not going to lie, he had forgotten about Michael, and the long lost band until his mum texted him, saying that he should come home because they missed him. He felt bad to say the least, he practically abandoned his family and friends, and fans.

It took Luke at least two months before he could even text one of his ex-bandmates, let alone come home and face them in real life.

It was two in the morning, another sleepless night filled with tiring dreams of Michael that forced him awake. He didn't like to see him, it made him sad and Luke didn't like to be sad. At all. He sighed, padding to the kitchen of his flat and rubbing his eyes, he could practically feel the dark circles forming under them.

A big bang from the door behind him made the adrenaline start rushing in his veins. Fear taking over his system as he turned around and sighed even louder, pouring some vodka into a plastic cup.

This was usually how his nights/mornings started, getting woken up by dreams of Michael and having himself a drink of vodka. Only this time, did a certain voice he hadn't heard in eight years make the hair on his arm stand up.

"Hi, Luke."